Value of a J. Misa Collection Doll

I have an old porcelain doll laying around from the J. Misa collection, but I have no information about it except that it is 38 inches tall. I'd like to know the value or possibly name of it.

These are mass-produced dolls. It is a large doll, so it is probably worth about $35.

She is usually called an Umbrella doll...becuase she carries one and I always thought because the dress bottom looks like an open umbrella.

I don't rmember their naming convention or if they just used numbers. Somehow numbers stands out in my mind.

I found a similar one in a purple dress that sold, no date, but looks recent, for 119.00. The bigger dolls have much more value than the small ones.

J Misa made a lot of dolls in the day and the taller ones have slightly more value than the smaller ones.

I don't remember their naming convention...in fact it may just have been numbers.

I can't find an exact match to yours, but a similar one in a purple dress sold for $119:

www.jmisadolls.com/index.php?main_page=product_info...

You can check eBay and google frequently to see if you can find an exact match for her...but I am guessing it will be selling around the same...maybe a little less because the blonde dolls now sell for less than dolls with brown hair (red haired seem to fetch the most probably because they made fewer.)

There is some neat pictures of other dolls (but no values) on this site:

jmisadolls.info/.../

If she were mine, I would start it in the 120 range and take best offer. Be sure to package her up for shipping and weigh her, measure box etc and put that all in eBay if you are selling there. Never let them figure postage costs--they are always wrong. You may need to click on the advanced selling tool to get to the place where you can put in your own shipping info. Well worth the time as you have to heavily package these items, and she is huge, so most likely there is going to be a balloon shipping fee and that will need to be paid by the buyer not you.

Post back how much you sell her for!! She is quite lovely!

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsNovember 14, 2018
🌻
🎃
🎂