Information on a J Misa Porcelain Doll

My husband acquired a J Misa 27" porcelain doll today at a thrift store. She is boxed and has her COE. On the COE is the name Rebecca and Amish. To the side of this is hand written 1/50. There is also a wooden heart painted with a basket and 3 tulips. I can find nothing on this doll anywhere. Anyone that can help or point me in the right direction?

TIA

Debbie

This 23-inch doll is asking over $97. www.ebay.com/.../142216418924

This doll also has me quite puzzled, as I never knew any of the "big box" brands to have something like this has with the note about the handmade clothes by the Mennonites of Lancaster.

Also Mennonites and Amish are not interchangeable terms. Most true Amish dolls have no facial features as that is their culture, so that is an oddity that it calls it "Amish", but the clothes were made by Mennonites.

Now I have not seen every Misa doll, but the bulk of them were dressed in gaudy/frilly outfits. I have never seen one this plain.

The COA is a little hinky also--it has many of the lines of a real COA, but then the signature and the numbering don't feel right to me.

All that said--I hope you have something rare and unusual that I just have never seen (I sold dolls for many years in a variety of retail establishments for a number of years but clearly never saw every doll ever made)!!

So my suggestion is that there are a bunch of doll museums in the US. Call one and send pictures to them and ask.

This link has a list:

www.thesprucecrafts.com/doll-museums-around-the-world-775042

My feeling (and this is JUST speculation) is someone dressed a doll random doll (is the J-Misa mark on the back of the neck--it could even be a real JM, just not her real identity) and created a COA to give the illusion of value...I HOPE I am wrong as that would be terrible. We used to see box swapping when I worked retail--where people would swap an expensive doll and an inexpensive dolls' box so they would pay less for the higher valued doll.

Post back what you learn!! I am so curious on this one!! I love a good mystery!!

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsMay 10, 2019
🎂
🎃
🌻