Identifying a Donna Rubert Porcelain Doll

Category Dolls
This is a guide about identifying a Donna Rubert porcelain doll. Trying to identify a specific porcelain doll, when all you have is the manufacturer's name can be a difficult task. If you are in a similar hunt for information, here are some tips to get you started.

I bought a bunch of ceramic molds and one included a doll head mold. I poured it with the slip I have on hand just to see what it looks like. I'm still confused, but I want to know which doll it is. It has the year 1992 and Rubert Doll Artwork Inc. and the name Shay on it and nothing else. How do I know if it is a baby, toddler, or what? I am wondering how much the rest of the doll is if I got them? I've never painted one either so I'm a real newbie to all of this, but just want to know what to do with this mold.

Answers

Best Answer

This head mold of Shay (daughter of Donna Rubert) is not a baby,baby mold but a toddler.

Here is contact information if you wish to ask questions:
www.craftrevolution.com/.../2727

I am trying to find out information on my porcelain doll that was handed down to me. It is signed on the back of the neck, but I can't figure it out. Hopefully someone can help.

Answers

Best Answer

The maker name is Donna Rubert but I could not find any name for your doll - this is usually on a tag with a COA card and a number out of however many were made. Sometimes it is on the doll.

It seems Donna Rubert makes a lot reborn baby dolls but also makes dolls for different companies also.
this only thing I could suggest is to check eBay (the only place I found large dolls) often and see if you find a similar doll.
These dolls range in price from low to high ($15-200.00) so without a name it will be difficult to place a value.
Hope the name helps.