Identifying a Porcelain Doll

Category Dolls
Finding out who your doll is, and who is the maker isn't always easy. This page is about identifying a porcelain doll.

This porcelain doll is about 10-12 in. tall has porcelain head and hands. It has a beanie type body. There are no marks anywhere on body or clothing. Any ideas about it's age and maker?

Answers

Best Answer

Hi, my name is Sheryl. This looks like a Boots Tyner doll called Sugar Britches. The smaller version is called Sugar Lumps. I have several of those doll molds. They look just like sleeping babies. Her outfit is gorgeous. Years ago, these dolls sold for 100 dollars I'm talking about the early 90s. Enjoy your baby.

Can anyone tell me who made this porcelain doll? It has a signature on the back of the neck, but I can not read the name. The doll is about 18" tall and there is a male doll as well.

Answers

Best Answer

Believe it or not, that signature is Marie Osmond. I have one like it and just found out what it is.

Best Answer

These are actually Marie Osmond dolls, to correct the previous person who answered the question. I have quite a collection of her tiny tots, and a few toddlers.

She made dolls exclusively for QVC, there is a niche of collectors for these dolls, and some are fetching higher prices than others.

I have two porcelain dolls that I can't find any info on. Identifying marks on a baby doll in white wicker crib and elegant pink gown are 'Cheria O'Neal 25/2500, 1995; the other is "FiFi" Palmary Collection, Three Hearts 18/750. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

Best Answer

Both are mass-produced and worth very little. One doll is one of 750. The other is one of 2500.

Best Answer

You won't find much information on either doll because they are mass produced. One is the 25th doll made in a series of 2500 dolls. The other is the 18th doll made in a series of 750 dolls.

These types of dolls don't have a lot of information on them and they don't sell for a lot of money either. You can probably ask around $20 for each one of them if you wanted to sell them.

I found this doll in a thrift store today, but I cannot make out the signature on the back. It is 18" tall. She was made in 1999 and is numbered.

Please check out the pictures. Any info would be great! Thank you!

Answers

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for your help! I found her!

Her name is Kate and she was made by Kathleen Hill for Paradise Galleries. Only worth about $30 I think.

Can anyone help me identify this doll? I just want to know her name. The only markings are on the back of her head and it looks like "XL21?? +2" there are 2 very faded numbers that almost look like "57" (indicated by the question marks).

Answers

Best Answer

I have tried searching everywhere for the XL company who made this doll. Most of the references come back to a company that makes extra large dolls. Unfortunately, this doll is older and I'm not even sure when it was made. Therefore, there isn't any reference on the site for this doll.

There is one possibility to try and find out more information about this doll. You'll need to go to an auction house and speak with the doll expert at the shop. They should be able to help you narrow down your search or even give you the name of your doll. That would be my only suggestion because the company doesn't have images of their older doll collections they produced.

I have a porcelain doll that was given to me 46 years ago. I can find no markings on it whatsoever. Can someone please tell me about it or tell me where I can find out about it? I have tried many sites. She is 11 inches tall and did have a pearl necklace. She just sits in a box in my loft.

Answers

Best Answer

If your doll has no marking at all, the only way to find out who made it, when it was made, and if it is worth money is through an auction house. All auction houses have experts who specialize in one field or another. Please keep in mind many dolls that are mass produced won't have marking on the doll. However, that doesn't really mean that the doll isn't worth something.

The value of your doll will be determined by the supply and demand factor. This will depend on how many people are looking for this doll and how hard it has been to find it.

Without any other marking on the doll it is impossible to find the information you need online. If you are curious about your doll please call or visit an auction house in your area.

We have a porcelain doll that we are trying to identify. We found marks on the body that say PA 8972 Cracker Barrel. Does somebody know how old it is and how much it is worth or any information about it?

Appreciate your answers:)

I am trying to get more information about this doll that was handed down to us. We have searched a little, but can't determine the brand or value. Thanks for any help.

Answers

Best Answer

Your doll is a Morimura Brothers doll and it was made in Japan.

Just as information: Morimura Brothers also made Nippon china items and that company is presently Noritake Co., Limited.

I recently bought a doll from the thrift shop for my mom, but her original dress was dirty. I do have pictures of her face and there is a name on her back that I can't really read. I was hoping someone could tell me who she is.

Answers

Best Answer

I believe this doll is from Paradise Galleries and the artist may be Patricia Rose.

This is an interesting item about a similar doll.

www.justanswer.com/.../76n30-patracia-rose-porcelain-doll...

Best Answer

Most the time people give these dolls to thrift stores is because they know they aren't worth much if they tried to sell them. Considering the doll's dress is so dirty and the doll is in fair shape you might be able to get around $10 if you wanted to sell the doll. I personally don't think you bought this doll to sell again. I think you bought it to make your mom happy.

Unfortunately, this doll is mass produced and doesn't carry a high resale value. Enjoy the doll and I'm sure your mom is happy that you thought of her when you bought it.

I'm wondering about this doll. I've had it from my childhood and wonder how old it is and it's worth. I don't see any identifying marks. It has a made in Taiwan sticker on her right shoe. Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

Any large doll manufacture adds marking to their creations or dolls. Normally you can find these identifying marks on the doll's neck, back or even feet.

However, your doll is made in Taiwan, and I don't think you'll find any marking for this doll. Without the marking this will make the doll hard to identify.

I have a porcelain doll that is about 1 1/2 feet tall. She has no markings and I can't find nothing about her. She doesn't have her original clothes so I can't find out information about her that way either. If anybody can help me find out who made her and if she had a name too it would be very appreciated.

Answers

Best Answer

Your doll is lovely but without some sort of markings it would be almost impossible to put a name or a value to your doll.

• Be sure to check the back, neck and even feet for any type of marks or even numbers.
  • You might be able to get some information if you ask your question here:
  • www.tapatalk.com/.../
  • You will need at least 2 photos and one should be a close up of the face. Also, a true measurement and also if ANY of the clothes, shoes are the original. Also, state anything you know about the dolls - how long have you had her, do you have any idea as to the age of the doll (year made).
  • If you would like to sell your doll it might be better to list her on your local Craigslist.
  • You could ask any price you wish to start and change it if no one shows an interest.
  • You would need photos and measurements on Craigslist also.

I have 4 porcelain dolls that have no identification. I remember they all had tags around there wrists when I was a kid, but like a kid I took them off (and lost them). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Answers

Best Answer

Identifying dolls:

1. Look on the back of the head or neck for a number.
  2. Look on the stomach or back for an identification mark.
  3. Look on the bottom of the feet for a marking.
  4. Many dolls only were marked by a piece of paper attached to their wrists. If this is the case it will be extremely difficult to ID your doll.
  5. If you can find any type of identification marks on the doll it will make it so much easier to ID your dolls.
  6. Maybe the only other way to ID the dolls if you can't find any marking on them is to join a doll forum online. The Spruce has one that you could join.
  7. On the forum there are a lot of collectors of dolls.
  8. You could post your photos on the forum and see if anyone has any ideas about your dolls.

I just want to identify my great grandmother's doll.

I can not read this signature. Can you please help?

Answers

Best Answer

The signature (artist) is Drew DeRose.

Can you help me identify this doll? It doesn't have any markings on it. It's about a foot long. Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

Identifying a doll by just a photo can usually only be done by a doll "expert" unless someone just "happens" to have seen such a doll.

• There is a doll "expert" on eBay that I have used in the past couple of years and she did a very good job for me.
  • She charges $4 which (to me) is a very low cost so check it out and see what you think.
  • www.ebay.com/.../214680910019

Does anyone know who made this doll? I can't seem to find out anywhere. It has a three digit number behind the neck and an eight digit number on her back. They both look engraved in.

Answers

Best Answer

On her back does the 8 digit number have any type of letters with it? Normally you can find out who made the doll by the letters that identify the doll maker.

The number on her neck is the number of the doll made from this series. Normally these numbers are 164/700 but yours is only 164 so it is hard to tell how many dolls were made.

You can try this website with the number on her back to see if you can identify the doll maker. dollreference.com/doll_marks.html

Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsApril 25, 2013
🌻
🎃
🎂