Identifying a Porcelain Doll

Category Dolls
Finding out who your doll is, and who is the maker isn't always easy. This guide is about identifying a porcelain doll.

This porcelain doll is about 10-12 in. tall has porcelain head and hands. It has a beanie type body. There are no marks anywhere on body or clothing. Any ideas about it's age and maker?

Answers

Best Answer

Hi, my name is Sheryl. This looks like a Boots Tyner doll called Sugar Britches. The smaller version is called Sugar Lumps. I have several of those doll molds. They look just like sleeping babies. Her outfit is gorgeous. Years ago, these dolls sold for 100 dollars I'm talking about the early 90s. Enjoy your baby.

I am trying to find out more about this doll, with painted on boots, with number 800 on them. I can't find any other marking. It is really in good shape. I got it at a thrift store because it was so cute. It may not be worth anything, but I wanted to see if I could find out more about it.

Answers

You could go on dollreference.com, but you don't have a lot of information here. You could also take the doll to an antique shop and see what they say.

i would search through the doll books at the library.

Can some one help me identify the signature on this doll?

I have posted the pictures of the markings, but I can't read or recognize them. They are porcelain and appear to be well made. Can someone please help?

Answers

Anonymous

That's a Mary Osmond signature.

The script name is hard to make out, but try Googling " porcelain doll 2004 / 5000 #1009 " this means the doll was made in 2004, there were only 5000 of them made & this doll was 1009th one made of the 5000. Look at any images that come up to see if she is there or similar looking doll is there or doll with similar markings & go from there.

Anonymous

i Believe that is Marie Osmond signature

Marie Osmond

marie Osmond

I have a doll that has the same signature, and was also made in 2004. It has blond curly hair, red dress & shoes. It is numbered #4081. What can you tell me about it? I can't find any information anywhere. Thank you.

I bought this doll from a charity shop/thrift store today and can't figure out what make she is! She has no clothing tags, but this is the mark on the back of her neck.

Can you give me any info on this doll?

This doll has a name on her shoulders, but I can't read enough of it to identify the maker to find out more information about her. Can anyone help me with this please?

I used to collect dolls and recently found the box I had them stored in. These 2 porcelain dolls have markings on their necks and I was wondering if anyone can identify them. Thanks.

I wonder if anyone can help identify her? She has no visible marks or numbers, but there is a good chance she is German. She belonged to my grandmother. She's jointed with a swivel-joint head, and is 38" tall.

Answers

You can go to dollreference.com and start looking at German dolls.

There are so many dolls of this type (or any type) that one has to ask an expert when no marks are found.
eBay has an excellent doll discussion board with many experts available to answer inquires. You will have to upload your photos but here is a link that will help you:

http://dollrefe  e.com/forum.html

Have you checked at your local library? I noticed ours has several shelves of books on dolls, with photos.

I am wondering if the "hair" is original... The reason I say that is because it looks like it's painted on. I have a doll that's a lot like this one. She has been in my family for 5 generations now. She was given to my Gramma by a neighbor woman when she (Gramma) was around 9.
I put a picture of her with my 4 month old Granddaughter - gives you an idea how big she is! The markings on her were under her wig. So if someone painted her hair on, maybe they painted over her marks.
I'm curious to know if your doll had "sleep" eyes - they are open when up, closed when down. Our doll had them, but thankfully someone took the counter weights out, and fixed her eyes in place with plaster so now they are open always. My doll's eyes are dark brown, most dolls had blue eyes. I loved that her eyes were like mine, dark brown!

Apparently she used to have long brown hair, and what you can see is the glue :P Yes, she has sleep eyes :)

My searches for a specific porcelain doll led me to this site. I'm hoping someone can give me some advice for searching or perhaps recognizes the doll. I am looking for a porcelain doll like the one I had as a child. She had light brown hair in two braids, was wearing a light blue nightgown and was holding a small brown teddy bear. She was in a black box that I believe said, "Porcelain Doll with Bear" on it. She was donated in a move and now I'm hoping to be able to replace her. Thanks for your help!

Answers

I found one one eBay that comes from the Geppeddo Playtime series. You could start by looking at those playthings.

From your description, it does appear this is a doll from the Geppeddo Playtime series.
There are quite a lot of these on eBay (even dolls with a bear) but there is one or two on auction right now that might be the one you are looking for.

http://www.ebay  EW-/361270452655

http://www.ebay  qnsAAOSwJ7RYSDUO

Thank you for your help - I will check those out!

Thank you for your help and looking up those dolls. That seems to be closer than I have been able to find. Not quite there yet, but I'm still hopeful:) The box didn't have a plastic window, not sure if that helps narrow down the brands or not. Thanks again!

Hi I am currently trying to find the value of my porcelain dolls and whilst researching I come across your question and well I think I have your doll your after .. she's still in pretty great condition like I'm talking all eyelashes ect ..
her hair is abit messy but that's about it

I'm trying to see how much these dolls are worth. Anyone know anything about these dolls?

I am trying to find out who made a male porcelain doll. It is a toddler, with a red sucker in its left hand, and blonde hair. The back of the neck says #284/2000 1997.

I found this doll some time ago and am wondering the name and value of it. The doll is around 18in and with original packaging. I would appreciate any help.

Answers

An easy online search for "porcelain doll values" will produce many answers. Keep in mind that just because a doll may be fancy, old, inherited, etc., it most probably has little value as most are mass produced in the thousands and very often include the term limited edition in their names. A doll's condition is extremely important in considering value-the best doll prices are paid for dolls literally never removed from their boxes. You can find prices for some dolls on EBay and try online for further research.

She looks a lot like a modern Ashton Drake / Homeart Doll. If her packaging has no clues, try googling Homeart / Ashton Drake & look
at images. There are so many if these dolls made you may not find one in the same outfit online, but look for same face / maker / porcelain to find very similar dolls.

I have another doll that has the same "necklace" and i'm also wonderibg which brand it's from

I have a doll that has a serial number on the back of her head.

I purchased a new porcelain doll at a thrift shop and when I got it home I saw that it has Kanji writing on the neck. I have no other info with the doll. I would like to find the value.

How do I identify the exact Legacy porcelain doll I have? It is stamped Legacy Doll Inc. on the nape of her neck. She has blue eyes, dimples, real eye lashes, painted nails, and creases around knee and elbow areas. She also has strawberry blonde hair in two ponytails with spiral curls. She is wearing citrine colored stud earrings, a yellow dress with a lace apron style overlay, and white socks and leather lace up baby booties.

I got a porcelain doll from my now ex-boyfriend but I can't figure out exactly what it is or how much it's worth. I think the doll is in the wrong box, the box and authenticity card say Tatiana Collection but the kneck of the doll says Cathay Collection. I have not been able to find any other markings on the doll. I have looked at multiple websites trying to figure this out if anyone can help, that would be amazing.

What do these markings mean?

I've had this doll for as long as I can remember, and as far as I know it's in the original clothing with the original stand. However the serial number is where the head meets the neck and it's really hard to read it. I think it says either 018B or 818B and my google searches aren't showing much. I got this a long time ago from my grandmother, but since she and that side of the family let me go I don't want to keep something that reminds me of her.

I got this 2ft tall porcelain doll recently and want to know more about her. Anybody recognize her or can figure out what the name, or words, are on her tummy? There are no other markings that I can find on her, only a sticker on her shoe that says 389.

She is 24 inches tall, her head, arms, and legs are hinged so she is posable. Her red hair is long and curly, pulled up in a demin blue bow that says "I love bears" and "bear hugs" in small white lettering all over it (same as on her apron). Her eyes are bright blue, glass I'm sure, and she has freckles across her nose.

I can't fine her anywhere. She's in great condition, but I think she's come in the wrong box. I have had her for years. Any information would be great. Thanks.

There are no marking anywhere on her. She was bought in the 1980s. I think she was in a yellow box with black writing.

I would like to identify this doll.
Thank you.

I found a ton of porcelain dolls that my great great aunt had given me in the 90s and I was wondering if anyone could help me identify them? Some look similar to each other, like maybe they are the same brand? They do not have any markings or indication of a maker anywhere. Any help is appreciated.

Approx. height of dolls:
brown dress 17 in
pink dress and straw hat 15 in
blue dress 12 in
red hood 15 in

I do not have the other two heights yet, as I am waiting for my mom to send me them because the dolls are not currently with me, but I believe they are relatively smaller than the others.

Answers

If there is no branding on them, they are probably not worth much. You could go to www.dollreference.com, but it's going to be hard to establish worth.

I have a porcelain doll head with the numbers: 370 A M 10 DEP. It belonged to my aunt who would have been 114. I have the eyes that have a leaded weight, and also the arms/hands. Anyone able to help?

Answers

May be difficult to find information on your doll. You can search online for possible information, contact doll collectors who may have experience with older dolls, consider large old libraries that may have old books on the subject, etc.
Good Luck!!!

I have a doll that was bought before I was born in 1989. There is no name or company brand anywhere on her. The paper must have gotten lost because that is no where in the box. She has a tag on the inside of her dress with the numbers OH#12217 ME#2087. I tried looking on eBay and Google and no other doll that looks like mine has shown. Any advice on how to find out about this doll would be awesome! I have included pictures of the doll, tags, and the box she came in. Her hair is painted on blonde and she has blue eyes.

By Katrina L.

Answers

It does not appear that your doll is very old and no markings probably means it was not an expensive doll - but?

You may be lucky and someone will recognize your doll but you can go to eBay doll discussion board and ask about your doll there. You will have to send photos, measurements etc but you may receive an answer.

Google eBay doll discussion board if you have trouble finding it.

Load More