Identifying a Porcelain Doll

Category Dolls
Finding out who your doll is, and who is the maker isn't always easy. This guide is about identifying a porcelain doll.

This is a guide about identifying a Donna Rubert porcelain doll. Trying to identify a specific porcelain doll, when all you have is the manufacturer's name can be a difficult task. If you are in a similar hunt for information, here are some tips to get you started.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This porcelain doll is about 10-12 in. tall has porcelain head and hands. It has a beanie type body. There are no marks anywhere on body or clothing. Any ideas about it's age and maker?

Answers

Best Answer

Hi, my name is Sheryl. This looks like a Boots Tyner doll called Sugar Britches. The smaller version is called Sugar Lumps. I have several of those doll molds. They look just like sleeping babies. Her outfit is gorgeous. Years ago, these dolls sold for 100 dollars I'm talking about the early 90s. Enjoy your baby.

I have a porcelain doll that was given to me 46 years ago. I can find no markings on it whatsoever. Can someone please tell me about it or tell me where I can find out about it? I have tried many sites. She is 11 inches tall and did have a pearl necklace. She just sits in a box in my loft.

Answers

Best Answer

If your doll has no marking at all, the only way to find out who made it, when it was made, and if it is worth money is through an auction house. All auction houses have experts who specialize in one field or another. Please keep in mind many dolls that are mass produced won't have marking on the doll. However, that doesn't really mean that the doll isn't worth something.

The value of your doll will be determined by the supply and demand factor. This will depend on how many people are looking for this doll and how hard it has been to find it.

Without any other marking on the doll it is impossible to find the information you need online. If you are curious about your doll please call or visit an auction house in your area.

Can anyone help me identify this doll? I just want to know her name. The only markings are on the back of her head and it looks like "XL21?? +2" there are 2 very faded numbers that almost look like "57" (indicated by the question marks).

Answers

Best Answer

I have tried searching everywhere for the XL company who made this doll. Most of the references come back to a company that makes extra large dolls. Unfortunately, this doll is older and I'm not even sure when it was made. Therefore, there isn't any reference on the site for this doll.

There is one possibility to try and find out more information about this doll. You'll need to go to an auction house and speak with the doll expert at the shop. They should be able to help you narrow down your search or even give you the name of your doll. That would be my only suggestion because the company doesn't have images of their older doll collections they produced.

Can anyone tell me who made this porcelain doll? It has a signature on the back of the neck, but I can not read the name. The doll is about 18" tall and there is a male doll as well.

Answers

Best Answer

Identifying your doll

1. I believe the signature on the doll is Cheria O'Neal.
  2. The doll was made in 1999
  3. Your doll is 1497 in a series of dolls.
  4. If this is correct, then the doll is only worth around $20 to $25 at the most.
  5. You might get around $40 to $50 for the pair of dolls if you decide to list them for sale at an auction house or on eBay.
  6. I don't think these are actual collectors dolls, but to be sure you can download this guide to help you out. https://www.the  your-doll-773879
  7. If the doll is an actual collectors doll they will have other marking on the doll.
  8. The guide will help you identify these marking and give you a better idea if I am right or not.

I have searched far and wide and cannot find out who this doll is made by. I thought maybe Marie Osmond, or her Olive May collection, or Gorham, but I just can't find anything.

She is a beautiful porcelain doll with black ringlets. She is also musical and plays "We Wish You a Merry Christmas". She has markings on her neck o/m A-2019

She is wearing a red velvet dress and cape.

Answers

Best Answer

I believe this doll was made to sell in stores for Christmas. Many markets in the US sold these dolls during the holidays to use as home decorations.

The O/M is not a doll maker or at least a famous doll maker. As for the number on this doll it looks like the lot number the manufacture used when selling the dolls. These dolls are mass produced and sold during the holidays. I purchased a similar doll in 2004 for my mom. It was a musical doll such as this and it played a Christmas song.

Does anyone know who made this doll? I can't seem to find out anywhere. It has a three digit number behind the neck and an eight digit number on her back. They both look engraved in.

Answers

Best Answer

On her back does the 8 digit number have any type of letters with it? Normally you can find out who made the doll by the letters that identify the doll maker.

The number on her neck is the number of the doll made from this series. Normally these numbers are 164/700 but yours is only 164 so it is hard to tell how many dolls were made.

You can try this website with the number on her back to see if you can identify the doll maker. https://dollref  /doll_marks.html

I have 4 porcelain dolls that have no identification. I remember they all had tags around there wrists when I was a kid, but like a kid I took them off (and lost them). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Answers

Best Answer

Identifying dolls:

1. Look on the back of the head or neck for a number.
  2. Look on the stomach or back for an identification mark.
  3. Look on the bottom of the feet for a marking.
  4. Many dolls only were marked by a piece of paper attached to their wrists. If this is the case it will be extremely difficult to ID your doll.
  5. If you can find any type of identification marks on the doll it will make it so much easier to ID your dolls.
  6. Maybe the only other way to ID the dolls if you can't find any marking on them is to join a doll forum online. The Spruce has one that you could join.
  7. On the forum there are a lot of collectors of dolls.
  8. You could post your photos on the forum and see if anyone has any ideas about your dolls.

I am trying to find out more about this doll, with painted on boots, with number 800 on them. I can't find any other marking. It is really in good shape. I got it at a thrift store because it was so cute. It may not be worth anything, but I wanted to see if I could find out more about it.

Answers

You could go on dollreference.com, but you don't have a lot of information here. You could also take the doll to an antique shop and see what they say.

i would search through the doll books at the library.

it's very difficult looking for dolls without a marking. All I can add to the discussion is she looks to be in some sort of Amish outfit. Or possibly she's a Little House on the Prairie doll, or Laura Ingalls Wilder doll

any of these searches might provide a clue

I have a 12 inch porcelain doll. I don't know the make or date, etc. Do you know anything about this doll?

Answers

Best Answer

How to identify your doll:

1. In order to identify your doll you must first find the marking on the doll.
  2. You can look on the back of her neck.
  3. Sometimes they put this on the feet.
  4. Other times they put this on her stomach or back.
  5. What you will be looking to find.
  6. There should be a letter(s) on the back followed by a number.
  7. The number can look like this - 256/5000.
  8. The letters can look like this CA or RR or even SSS.
  9. The letters identify the doll maker.
  10. The numbers identify the doll and how many were in the series.
  11. If the number is 256/5000 the doll was the 256th doll in a series of 5000.
  12. Once you have all this information the rest should be simple.
  13. Now visit here - https://dollref  /doll_marks.html
  14. Here you can find out who manufactured the doll and identify the rest of the marking.
  15. As for value of this doll it will depend on the marking and if the doll was mass produced or not.

I bought this doll from a charity shop/thrift store today and can't figure out what make she is! She has no clothing tags, but this is the mark on the back of her neck.

Can some one help me identify the signature on this doll?

I have posted the pictures of the markings, but I can't read or recognize them. They are porcelain and appear to be well made. Can someone please help?

Answers

Anonymous

That's a Mary Osmond signature.

The script name is hard to make out, but try Googling " porcelain doll 2004 / 5000 #1009 " this means the doll was made in 2004, there were only 5000 of them made & this doll was 1009th one made of the 5000. Look at any images that come up to see if she is there or similar looking doll is there or doll with similar markings & go from there.

Anonymous

i Believe that is Marie Osmond signature

Marie Osmond

marie Osmond

I have a doll that has the same signature, and was also made in 2004. It has blond curly hair, red dress & shoes. It is numbered #4081. What can you tell me about it? I can't find any information anywhere. Thank you.

Does anyone know who made this yawning doll and or an age? She's so funny looking I wish I knew more about her. She does have some markings; it looks like "by J something". I can't read it, but thought someone might recognise her or the markings.
Thanks.

I bought this doll that is still in the box. I don't really want to take her out to try to find a marking and value. I am hoping someone can help me. I have searched the numbers on the box and tag. I am sure I am doing something wrong.

I am hoping someone can help me :)

The only markings I can find are BY2841/1. She's about 12" inches tall, wearing a French beret, and has a matching blue and lace purse tied to her wrist.

Can you give me any info on this doll?

This doll has a name on her shoulders, but I can't read enough of it to identify the maker to find out more information about her. Can anyone help me with this please?

Load More