Identifying a Porcelain Doll

Category Dolls
Finding out who your doll is, and who is the maker isn't always easy. This page is about identifying a porcelain doll.

I would like to find out who the creator of this doll is and if it has any value. I could only find a number on the head. The clothing has metal snaps, so I presume it's not as old as I thought.
Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

The head of the doll and the number on the head is from a mold or doll kit. They normally identify the molds or heads from the kits with numbers like this one. If the doll clothes have metal snaps on them I would say a person has made this doll either in a doll class or at home from a kit.

I do not think you will find out much about this doll unless you run across another doll kit that has the same head and instructions for making the doll at home. You might want to try and take this to a craft store to see if anyone recognizes the kit that it came from. A lot of craft stores back in the 80s to 90s held classes and someone might recognize this kit.

I just recently purchased this little red head. Does anyone know anything about him? The clothes are hand sewn. He has a stuffed jointed body and is 9 inches tall. He is very unique looking. The head and hands are hand painted and I am not sure what he is made from, some kind of porcelain or clay?
Marked on his back shoulders: Raspbeary 1995. D.A.

Answers

Best Answer

This looks like a doll from a kit. He is cute and unique but there is really nothing to tell about him. A person has taken their time to paint and make this doll for someone they cared deeply about. Enjoy the doll and treasure it.

Can anyone help me identify this doll? I think I knew the makers name at one point when I first got it. I think it was made in the 1990s and if I'm remembering correctly, the makers name had "Puppenhaus" in it. (Yeah - I know - I'm not very helpful!)
Any info would be awesome. I can not find any marks on her.

Thank you in advance!

Answers

Best Answer

She may be from the company Adele's Puppenhaus, which is a German doll maker. They had an ethnic series in the 1990s so she could easily be from that line.

Are you in Germany or Europe? These do have collectible appeal in the European market. I have not seen any that have made it to the US so I have no first hand experience with them personally (I am a doll admirer and active reseller).

Many of them did have names on a paper hang tag so the trick will be to find your gal and see the tag for her official name.

The challenge with that is those paper tags were often the first thing to go and if people are selling her, they may just have her listed as Adele's Puppenhaus doll, Puppenhaus doll or even as broad as ethnic doll, so you will have to filter through a lot of eBay, Etsy, and/or Google Images/Pinterest images to find a match.

There is a doll museum in Germany that may be able to help you. The link is www.hpusm.de/

Post back what you learn and thanks for sharing her!!

Best Answer

Did you happen to look on the back of the neck to see if there is an RF (Reinart Faelens) Collection symbol there? Normally dolls made by ADELES PUPPENHAUS have this symbol on the back of the neck. There is also a registration number with this symbol. There are some of these dolls listed on eBay for sale and I see that this company makes a lot of doll accessories. Can you take a look on the neck of the doll and let me know if you can find this symbol. I think I am wrong about the markings on the neck of the doll. It appears that all the informtaion for the dolls was on a tag that was arund the neck of the doll when it was sold. Without the tag it makes it a bit more difficult to identify the dolls. These dolls are selling for a lot more money than other dolls. Here is a doll on eBay that was made by the same company that made yours. www.ebay.com/.../283025894886

Best Answer

These are nice dolls and seem to be holding their value in other countries but eBay USA not as much. Shipping from the US to another country is very expensive and dolls are just too fragile for the average seller to even ship safely inside the US. Shipping will be the main reason these poplar dolls may not sell for as high value as in other countries.

It does appear there have been 3 of this brand doll sold on US eBay over the past several months.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Adele%27s+Puppenhaus...

Although no one seems to mention this, I believe there are two different collections of dolls (all made by the Reinart Faelens Company) and each collection will have a different mark on the back/neck of the doll.
The largest collection (and still being made) is the Reinart Faelens Collection (marked RF Kollektion) on dolls and generally only 1000 dolls of each style are made.
The Adele's Puppenhaus collection is different and has its own marking on the doll's neck. These dolls were started by the artist's wife, Adele, and were only made for a few years.

The company is still in business but according to their web site, they only sell wholesale and I do not believe they will provide answers to questions about their older dolls.

If your doll is one of this brand/company dolls there will be one of these marks on her neck/back. If the mark is not there then most likely this is not one of their dolls.

You will have to do your own research as it is very time consuming to look for dolls as the market is flooded with thousands of like or similar dolls with similar names.

Here are some good links to get you started:

www.google.com/search?q=reinart+faelens+collection...

www.google.com/search?q=Adele%27s%20Puppenhaus&tbm...

Here is a doll that that recently sold for $36 plus shipping and has the RF marking (but she is not from the Adele Puppenhaus collection).

www.ebay.com/.../143383961914?hash=item216259a13a...

As to value of your doll it would be very difficult to place a figure without more information. If she has a marking of either of these brands then I would suggest (if you wish to sell) placing a listing on Craigslist, Facebook Groups/Marketplace, Offer Up and others and mark her as local pick up only so no shipping would be needed.
You would need several very good pictures and especially the marking on her neck. Starting price could be high and lower it is no one shows an interest.

This porcelain doll is about 10-12 in. tall has porcelain head and hands. It has a beanie type body. There are no marks anywhere on body or clothing. Any ideas about it's age and maker?

Answers

Best Answer

Hi, my name is Sheryl. This looks like a Boots Tyner doll called Sugar Britches. The smaller version is called Sugar Lumps. I have several of those doll molds. They look just like sleeping babies. Her outfit is gorgeous. Years ago, these dolls sold for 100 dollars I'm talking about the early 90s. Enjoy your baby.

I have had this doll for awhile, and can't figure out what the name brand is or what the signature says. Can anyone help me identify the logo?

I'm trying to identify the type of doll I have. If anyone can help me?

Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

The circle with the KC in the center is from a large doll company who mass produces different types of dolls. I have seen that mark on a lot of dolls posted here on the site and they are all from the same company who will fabricate one doll and make over 2000 copies of the same doll for sale. In cases like this it is so hard to find out the doll's name because these companies don't keep a lot of records and they don't have a site you can scan for the doll images.

Best Answer

I am back. I asked a friend and she remember a doll series called K C Collection. She can't remember where they were sold originally or if they were expensive when new.

I did a little digging and think she is right and that is what you have. Most of their dolls are 15 inches.

If that is what you have, they are (sadly) selling for 8.00 each on a variety of sites. Their logo matches yours. These are sold prices, not asking prices. People are asking much more, but I see consistent sales in the 8.00 range.

Now my curiosity has the best of me who sold these originally. They were not a brand I sold when I worked in retail during the doll hey day.

If I learn more, I will post back!

Best Answer

If I am remembering correctly this brand was sold at the Kay Bee (KB) mall stores and my sister says they were sold at Murphy's 5 & 10 Store (both of these stores are out of business).
This means they could have been made by any number of doll making companies and sold under the KC Collections name. Generally inexpensive dolls mass produced for the 5 & 10 cent type stores.
Pghgirl probably has the value correct but the biggest problem is how long it might take to sell her even at an $8 price.

These look like the dolls that I remember - mostly Victorian dressed.

www.ebay.com/.../333051178027

www.worthpoint.com/.../kc-collection-collectible-porcelain...

I have a old china doll that was my grandma's. It has Home Industry doll on its back torso, 68-7 on its neck, and what I think is DPC on the nape of the neck. It is not in very good condition and I I believe all the clothes may not be original, but I would love to find out more information about it and am unable to find anything online. Can anyone help?

Can anyone tell me who made this porcelain doll? It has a signature on the back of the neck, but I can not read the name. The doll is about 18" tall and there is a male doll as well.

Answers

Best Answer

Believe it or not, that signature is Marie Osmond. I have one like it and just found out what it is.

Best Answer

These are actually Marie Osmond dolls, to correct the previous person who answered the question. I have quite a collection of her tiny tots, and a few toddlers. She made dolls exclusively for QVC, there is a niche of collectors for these dolls, and some are fetching higher prices than others.

Would you possibly have any info on this little guy?
Thank you!

I have two porcelain dolls that I can't find any info on. Identifying marks on a baby doll in white wicker crib and elegant pink gown are 'Cheria O'Neal 25/2500, 1995; the other is "FiFi" Palmary Collection, Three Hearts 18/750. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

Best Answer

Both are mass-produced and worth very little. One doll is one of 750. The other is one of 2500.

Best Answer

You won't find much information on either doll because they are mass produced. One is the 25th doll made in a series of 2500 dolls. The other is the 18th doll made in a series of 750 dolls. These types of dolls don't have a lot of information on them and they don't sell for a lot of money either. You can probably ask around $20 for each one of them if you wanted to sell them.

Do you know who this doll maker is? This doll was made in 2002 #278 of 750. I am attaching a pic of the maker's mark. It is a 26 inch porcelain doll.

I was given this doll. She only has as identification, the letters LY, on her neck. Does anyone have any info on the maker, how old she is, how much she would be worth, etc.? The veil is slightly torn in one area.

Load More

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsApril 25, 2013
😎
📓
🐛
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-a-Porcelain-Doll-1.html