Identifying a Porcelain Doll

This porcelain doll is about 10-12 in. tall has porcelain head and hands. It has a beanie type body. There are no marks anywhere on body or clothing. Any ideas about it's age and maker?

Best Answer

Hi, my name is Sheryl. This looks like a Boots Tyner doll called Sugar Britches. The smaller version is called Sugar Lumps. I have several of those doll molds. They look just like sleeping babies. Her outfit is gorgeous. Years ago, these dolls sold for 100 dollars I'm talking about the early 90s. Enjoy your baby.

Hi,

This doll is beautiful! I found a site that lists all kinds of dolls. You might be able to use this site to identify the maker of the doll.

http://dollreference.com/

Are there any stamps on the back of the head or the feet or the body that tells the maker? If there are, that would be a great start.

Merry Christmas!
----Robyn

Looks like a beautiful doll. It will be very difficult to identify since you say it has no markings. Be sure to look everywhere on the porcelain just to be sure.

The doll resembles a Gerber Baby that I had many years ago but it seems most all of the Gerber dolls had opening eyes (not sure about yours) and an open (puckered) mouth.

It does appear that your doll might be in christening clothes so that might be a help.

I sold most of my dolls on eBay many years ago but eBay does have a community board where members will try to help identify almost anything that you ask about.
You will need a good photograph and they will need to know the measurements and any info (age of doll - any info is helpful) but you may get lucky and someone could have knowledge about your doll.

Here is a link to the discussion board but the rest is up to you. Just start asking questions about your doll and ask how to upload a photo. It will take a little time but I cannot think of any other way to help.

http://communit  Hobbies/bd-p/288