Worth of J Misa Doll?

My daughter received this as an Christmas gift and has no real interest in dolls. Any idea on the worth? There is no name on the certificate, only that it is 0732 of 5000 pieces. She is 43 inches tall and has not been messed with, so is in original condition.

While I was not able to find this gal--the identical one--similar --Victorian gals of the same general height--aka tall dolls of J Misa sell for around $25-60, although there are many sitting unsold at those same prices. Sell means sold prices on various platforms. I see people ASKING much more, but sold prices are values. Asking prices are what someone thinks they can get :)

Start high and take best offer. I would not sell her on eBay unless you are a very experienced seller in both sales and shipping. The tall dolls are very hard to ship and if not packed right often end up an million pieces.

Post back how your sale goes!

I did see several 43' J. Misa Victorian dolls listed for sale, I did not see one like yours nor did I see any even similar dolls that had sold recently.

Doll values have been on a downhill slide for several years and it seems this latest crisis has also caused values and certainly sales to drop to a very low degree.

All dolls are fragile and a large percentage arrive in terrible shape so if you wish to sell this doll, I would suggest you list her on a site you can show her as 'local pick up only'.
You might try listing on sites like Facebook Marketplace, offerup, letgo, Craigslist, and any other sites you're familiar with.
You can list her on several sites at the same time but you will need several good pictures and a good description of her outfit.
Since no shipping cost is involved you could start her price higher - $125-$150 - and if not sold after a few weeks you can go in and lower the price.

You can always check eBay's sold listings to see what is selling and what people are actually willing to pay for J. Misa dolls.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Victorian+J...

Hi,

This doll is absolutely beautiful and has been cared for very well! She is so pretty! I am sure someone would love to get this as a present this Christmas, under the tree!

Have a blessed day!

---Robyn

She is lovely, there are a lot of dolls on the market for sale. So many people are finding that there is not a need to keep, collect , or out grown. For those reason the dolls are put on the market and moving slowly, because it is in the 100's.

Online the average sold is under $20. You may be able to to sale locally in a yard / garage sale, this saves on shipping and the buyer can see her beauty in person. Here is a link to others for sale - www.etsy.com/search?q=j%20misa%20dolls

I will be very honest with you that dolls right now are not selling very well online and the market is flooded with them. Your doll comes from a company that mass produces dolls which greatly lowers the value of the doll. The current market value on most dolls like this is 5-15 dollars. People seem to do a bit better if they sell the dolls locally at a flea market or even a yard sale.

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsAugust 17, 2020
😷
🐛
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Worth-of-J-Misa-Doll.html