Repairing Table Finish After Spilling Nail Polish Remover

I spilled finger nail polish remover on my wood table. Is there anything I can do to restore the finish?

By JN

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

Really, the only thing you can do is to refinish the whole top. Sand it down good and reapply some polyurethane. Being the klutz that I am, I have now refinished my coffee table 3 times! LOL

Best Answer

If your top is veneer, please do not sand your table. You could ruin it completely. Carefully remove the finish on the table top with one of the commercial products offered at the hardware or other stores. DO NOT let it drip on other parts of the table or you will end up having to redo the whole table. Your best advice will come from the store personnel who know "how to" restore your table.

You will have several other steps to this process to return your table to useable condition.

Answer

A wood table.
Fixing a Wood Table With a Nail Polish Remover Stain
Home and Garden Repair Furniture TablesAugust 9, 2012
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish
Removing Nail Polish from Wood Furniture
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 24, 2016 at 4:04:47 PM on 10.0.2.215 in 784 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.