Repairing an Elna Press Graffiti Steam Press

I purchased an Elna Press Graffiti steam press about 2 yrs ago, it worked great. I can't imagine not having one since I discovered how handy they are. Well, last year (end of 2010) it just stopped powering on. I have been missing using it badly, a regular iron just isn't the same.

I replaced the plug because I thought it might be that but still no power. I unscrewed the casing and looked inside to see if I could notice any obvious sign of damage or whatever, but I really have no clue as to what each item should look like. Nothing I could visually see looked burnt out or anything, but I haven't tested anything else. I can possibly get a hold of a voltage tester thing, but need to know what I may need to check out. I wish I knew of a cheap repair center locally, but have no idea how to search/find a small appliance repair center. I thought maybe I could try a hand at it myself.

Any thoughts or ideas of what may be wrong with my machine?

By JcsMuffin

Let your fingers do the walking and start here it is in Nebraska but I Googled Elna press grafitti and got a bunch including your listing here, try it and ask questions. If you have the book it has a schematic in it of everything and where it is and some trouble shooting directions as well. Good luck.

Fabric Steam Press
Repairing a Fabric Steam Press
Home and Garden Repair AppliancesJune 17, 2011
Someone using a carpet cleaner.
Using A Steam Carpet Cleaner
Singer Magic Steam Press
Repairing a Singer Magic Steam Press 7
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Steam Cleaner
Steam Cleaner Doesn't Release Steam