Repelling Gnats Outside

Flying gnats outdoors are annoying and can spoil your relaxation in the yard or garden. This is a guide about repelling gnats outside.

Insect Repellant
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I run a junior golf camp during the summer in South Florida and the gnats are horrible for about (1) month. The gnats make it miserable for the coaches and kids, especially, after applying mandatory sunscreen, they stick to every exposed body part. They stick to your lips, eye lashes, ears, face, arms, legs, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions to keep these awful pests away? We've tried several conventional and non-conventional remedies and nothing seems to work. We've tried Skin So Soft (Avon), Deet, fabric softener, various types of bug repellent, etc. Note: We are not confined to one area. We are on the range, putting green, chipping green, bunkers, and the golf course so it would need to be a product applied to the skin. Please help! Any new suggestions? All ideas are welcome. Thank you.

By Ange

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sorry, I forgot to mention that we purchase Deet Free Skin Smart.

Read More Answers...

What smells repel gnats to keep them from flying around my face?

By Dandi

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

We gets Gnats here in Texas just about every year. I use Vanilla (liquid form) from the baking section of our local grocery store. I just dab it on around my hair line and around my neck and ears. This seems to work pretty good for me. Good luck.

Home and Garden Pest Control GnatsJanuary 8, 2013
Furious girl with a fly swatter.
Getting Rid of Gnats
Raking Mulch
Best Mulch for Repelling Bugs
Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Litter Box
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Litter Box
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 25, 2016 at 3:36:06 PM on 10.0.1.169 in 793 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.