Repelling Gnats Outside

Flying gnats outdoors are annoying and can spoil your relaxation in the yard or garden. This is a guide about repelling gnats outside.

Insect Repellant
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

May 30, 2012 Flag

I run a junior golf camp during the summer in South Florida and the gnats are horrible for about (1) month. The gnats make it miserable for the coaches and kids, especially, after applying mandatory sunscreen, they stick to every exposed body part. They stick to your lips, eye lashes, ears, face, arms, legs, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions to keep these awful pests away? We've tried several conventional and non-conventional remedies and nothing seems to work. We've tried Skin So Soft (Avon), Deet, fabric softener, various types of bug repellent, etc. Note: We are not confined to one area. We are on the range, putting green, chipping green, bunkers, and the golf course so it would need to be a product applied to the skin. Please help! Any new suggestions? All ideas are welcome. Thank you.

By Ange

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try dryer sheets! Before blocking up have the kids rub any sheet maybe bounce on skin and then hang them from pockets or tie around ponytails. I hope it works for gnats as well as it does for mosquitoes up in NJ.

I'm in central Florida where we have biting sand gnats. The safest and most effective spray we have found is Coleman® SkinSmart® Insect Repellent which is manufactured by Wisconsin Pharmacal Company. Until a few weeks ago we could always find this product in the Sporting Goods Department at Walmart. Unfortunately, it has left the shelves of the three nearest to us and we are now ordering it off the web. Some websites have very high prices for this product so beware. A reasonable price is around $5 to $6 dollars per can.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that we purchase Deet Free Skin Smart.

June 15, 2012 Flag

What smells repel gnats to keep them from flying around my face?

By Dandi

We gets Gnats here in Texas just about every year. I use Vanilla (liquid form) from the baking section of our local grocery store. I just dab it on around my hair line and around my neck and ears. This seems to work pretty good for me. Good luck.

Home and Garden Pest Control GnatsJanuary 8, 2013
Furious girl with a fly swatter.
Getting Rid of Gnats
Raking Mulch
Best Mulch for Repelling Bugs
Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Litter Box
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Litter Box
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 21, 2016 at 1:18:34 AM on 10.0.1.228 in 298 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.