Reusable Container Instead of Sandwich Baggies

Vote for this contest contender!

I take my lunch to work and have been buying tubs of Hillshire Farms lunch meat. Once the tub was emptied, I had a bright idea that it could store a sandwich instead of using a baggie. The sandwich fits perfectly and does not get crushed or moist from other contents in my lunch bucket. I have even put my potato chips and cut veggies in them for lunch.

I cannot remember the last time I bought baggies. When I used to use baggies, either the baggie would not zip close right or the size was bad and I had to force my sandwich in. So I am very pleased with these tubs.

I do this as well. I also compost. It's a fact that whatever is good for the environment is also cheaper, which is a win-win situation. I have invested in microfiber cloths, and my paper towel consumption has also decreased. I do compost my paper towels if what I have used them for didn't contain dairy, meat, or chemicals that would spoil the compost.

I also am a big time composter, wish everyone would also recycle, we do both.