Reusing Pickle Juice

When you eat all the pickled peaches from the jar, pour the juice off a can of regular peaches, put them in the jar, tighten the lid and refrigerate them for several days before eating. Do the same with left over sweet pickle juice and put canned beets in them. Put boiled eggs in dill pickle juice.

Source: This is just tips that have been passed down through the family.

By BJ from Mid MO

Answers:

Reusing Pickle Juice

We always dropped all kinds of veggies in our pickle jars. Love onion that way. My kids always liked broccoli and cauliflower soaked in the pickle juice. Thankfully I only had one out of five that was a picky eater. All the rest of them loved most vegetables and meat. (02/26/2009)

By CindyM56

Reusing Pickle Juice

I save the juice from sweet pickles to add to salad dressing to make a fast cole slaw dressing. By the way, I always buy my sweet pickles at the Dollar store, $1.00 vs @2.50 in grocery store. (02/27/2009)

By WIsgal

Reusing Pickle Juice

We all think of the great uses of the pickle juice to pickle other veggies and things. But, did you know you can use the pickle juice to also settle an upset tummy. In a small container, save some of the juice for "medicinal" purposes. You will be happy you did.

Try making pickled watermelon rind. Take off the skin, and then drop the pieces into some pickle juice. You can also come up with a great pickling juice of your very own for this one.

(03/02/2009)

By TxBluEyes