Reviews of Dyson Digital Slim Vacuum

I am handicapped in a motorized chair. I have been thinking of getting the Dyson Digital Slim vacuum. It has been advertized on TV a lot recently. It is cordless and looks easier to handle. I cannot handle a standard vacuum. I would like to know if anyone has one of the "slim" ones or has used one. It is expensive, but I have money put aside for it. What do you think of this model?

By Linda

Think about a Roomba, it does the vacuuming for you.

They are rated very poorly in Consumer Reports. I do not think they are worth their high price. Depending on what you are needing to vacuum perhaps an electric broom would fill your needs. You might also try a canister vac. I have a Sears shopvac (small costs 60 dollars or so) It is oval and does not fall over easily. It would be easy to operate as it has a long hose. It sucks up everything (I have 11 cats and 2 to 4 dogs (I foster) and an iguana) I am able to suck up hair from the floor and couches and even suck up webs and stuff from the ceiling and dust my tables.

My brother's best friend in college was in a manual wheelchair and used a canister vac to clean with. He had limited use of his arms. I would also Google websites for folks in wheelchairs. I bet they would have all kinds of ideas.

On Amazon they have nearly 6000 reviews of the Dyson digital slim. It is averaging 4 and 1/2 stars out of 5 possible. That's about as good as it gets. I have used a couple of Dyson's and liked them very much. Make sure you buy from a store that allows you to return the item if you don't like it.

I also did research, you can read TONS of reviews if you go to and type it in like you are looking to buy one and read from those that have bought and used.

Woman Using Vacuum Cleaner
Vacuum Cleaner Product Reviews
Consumer Advice Product Reviews House and Home Vacuum CleanersJune 21, 2011
Robot Vacuum
Robot Vacuum (Roomba) Reviews
Upclose photo of beige carpet.
Cleaning Carpets Without a Vacuum
Family Taking Digital Photos
Transferring Digital Photos to Your Computer
Slim Fast Bottle
Homemade Slim Fast Recipes