Reviving a Dried Out Marker

Revive dried-up dry-erase markers by dipping the tip briefly in nail polish remover. Put the cap back on for a few minutes. Test in a corner to make sure it isn't going to damage your whiteboard. There are also water-based, low odor, dry-erase markers that can just be dipped in water like a regular marker. Make sure you know which kind you have!

By Elizabeth Cardell

Revive Dried-up Dry-erase Markers

Thank you! I'll definitely try it and pass it on to fellow teachers! I can never have enough! (08/16/2004)

By sjk

Revive Dried-up Dry-erase Markers

I've found that trying to remove the marking from a dry erase marker on a plastic container can be difficult, if not impossible. It many times leaves a "shadow" of the writing even after scrubbing and bleaching.

So I came up with a way to mark it with the dry erase without leaving the "shadow." I put a strip of scotch tape on the container, then write on the tape. No more "shadows" and the tape is easy to remove. (05/04/2010)

By Cricketnc

If you have permanent marker or very stubborn old dry erase marker on your dry erase board that won't come off, try coloring over it with dry erase marker. It will then come off when you erase the new dry erase marker marks. This should work on other hard surfaces as well. I haven't tried it on plastic.

Reviving Dried Out Pens
Reviving Dried Out Pens
Reviving Dried Pencil Erasers
Dried lime cut in half.
Recipes Using Dried Limes
Dry Erase Markers
Reviving Dry Erase Markers
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic