Reviving Dried Out Pens

Category Office
When your marker stops working, there may be a way to get the ink flowing again. This guide is about reviving dried out pens.

For ink pens that won't write; place the pens upside down in a cup of hot water until the water cools off. Wipe dry and use.

Source: My husband does this and it works very well.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

Sometimes there is plenty of ink left, but the marker tip has dried out. This is a guide about reviving dried up markers.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This is a guide about reviving ball point pens. One way to get the ink flowing in a clogged ball point pen is to apply heat to the tip. Here is some information to try before you throw that pen away.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

General consensus seems to be that the best way to jumpstart a gel glitter pen is to bounce the tip on a hard surface. Shaking it can also get the pen working. This is a guide about a new gel glitter pen not working.

Does anyone know how to refresh dried out marking pens? I have a rather new set and have found that most of them aren't any good. is there any way to salvage them? Thank you!

Carol Overton

Answers

By Lisa (Guest Post)

Whenever I run into this problem I take a small cup and fill it with hot tap water. Then remove the caps and place them into the hot water (tip down) for anywhere from 20 seconds to a minute. After dabbing the water off with paper towel, the markers should be as good as new!

By DEE (Guest Post)

I HAVE OFTEN SOAKED THE TIPS SOME IN WATER UNTIL THE TIPS ABSORB A GOOD AMOUNT OF WATER. THEN STORE THEM IN A GOOD ZIPLOC BAG.

WHEN YOU BUY MARKERS IT'S EST TO STORE THEM IN ANY TYPE SEALING BAG. THEY WILL LAST LONGER AND CAN BE REFRESHED.

I was given at least 100 of these triangular high-light markers where most of the three colors: pink, green, and yellow, don't work. I've tried hydrating some of them, but it doesn't work too well. I hate to throw them all away. Any ideas how to use them ?

By bMillie

My fabric pens dried out. Has anyone successfully rejuvenated their's?

By Keeper