Safe Flea Treatment for Cat with Kittens

My cat had got out while I was moving. I finally found her. She had kittens a week ago and I also discovered she had fleas. I've tried Dawn dish soap it seems to work on the babies, but not mom. Is there anything else that can be used that won't be harmful to the babies, but will get rid of them from mom? I want to do something so she doesn't keep transferring them to the kittens.

By tayrha from Milleville, MA

Answers:

I've heard that you can put Sevin dust right on a dog or cat and in their houses, bedding and it's safe. (10/27/2009)

By Your friend

Sevin dust can be found at Walmart in their garden center. But be careful before you put on a mother cat. Buy only 5% as 10% is very strong. Check this out before using on your cat. There may be safer things to use as this may harm a small kitten. (10/29/2009)

By cybergrannie

Good lord do NOT use Sevin. The half life of Sevin is extremely long and it's a terrible poison to have in your home, to breathe, to get on your hands, anything. Go to the vet, get a Capstar which will kill all the fleas on her for 24 hours. Then put some Frontline on her. It will take awhile to get all the fleas, because you have to break the cycle, but it will work. If you have already used Sevin, get rid of it. Clean it all out, wash everything, touch the cat as little as possible. (10/29/2009)

By alise35115

I buy this shampoo from the vet called Triple Action. No prescription required they sell it on their shelves. It says it is gentle for dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens. It really works on my two little dogs. It kills the fleas on contact and it smells great. Their web site is vet-kem.com. If you shampoo the kittens the fleas will leave the mom. (10/29/2009)

By sabrinadog

kitten with fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas on Kittens
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Cats
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Pets
Dog with a Flea Collar
Using a Flea Collar
Preventing and Treating Nosebleeds, Concerned Boy With Bloody Nose
Preventing and Treating Nosebleeds
🎄
🍂