Saving Money on Prescription Glasses

Tips for saving money on your prescription for glasses. Post your ideas.

Answers:

Savings on Prescription Glasses

To save money on your next pair of prescription glasses, especially if, like me, you're not wild about the thin titanium frames that are being pushed right now (I gave in one time, over protests, and broke them within 36 hours-sigh), go to Dollar General and get a pair of reading glasses in your intensity and remove the lenses. Take the frames to your eye doctor and he will fit your new prescription lenses to the frames. My recent cost for new glasses was only $59.00, and I got sturdier frames to boot! Hope this helps.

By Janet45101 (02/01/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Saving Money on Prescription Glasses

You can also get frames from resale shops like Salvation Army and Goodwill. The Salvation Army where I work glasses are 99 cents. You can get designer frames for a fraction of a fraction of what it would cost new. (02/02/2005)

By Anna

Saving Money on Prescription Glasses

I have found that it is better to not have vision insurance. The only optometrists on the plan often have limited choices of frames. Only the cost of the cheapest frame is covered and so most of the cost is out of pocket. Also, eye exams are covered by the insurance but the exams are inexpensive anyway at the larger outlets. I have to try on many glasses to get a pair that is both attractive and comfortable. At the outlets there are thousands and no one pressures me to buy or hovers over me while I look asking me, "Did you decide?" (08/31/2007)

By SusannL

Prescription Eyeglasses Sitting on Eye Chart
Saving Money on Prescription Eyeglasses
eyeglasses
Zenni Optical Reviews
Black Glasses
39 Dollar Glasses Reviews
Old woman holding prescription drug bottles.
Prescription Drugs Tips for Seniors
Prescription Bottle and Pills
Prescription Drug Safety
🎄