Scratch Resistant Coating Peeling Off Lenses

My glasses have the scratch resistant coating on them which has slowly been peeling, along the outer edges of the lenses, kind of like a double ring outline, and along the center of the right lens.

I took the glasses in to the store where I bought the lenses and have yet to hear back as to whether or not the company will repair at no cost. I just purchased the lenses back in May. The optician did mention that if the company didn't warrant the repair she could fix the lenses at a cost of $40.00. This is disgusting and unethical in my opinion.

In the meantime, I've tried the toothpaste and acetone methods suggested to no success. Any other suggestions to get this coating removed from my lenses? Can you imagine how tacky my Chanel glasses look with this nasty ring around my lens and down the center? Thanks for the feedback.

By Bonnie from TC, MI

Do not pay anything for the repair. They can get you another pair free from the company that made them. Take them back where you got them. Tell them the above. Good luck. (10/30/2009)

By kffrmw88

If you don't get a satisfactory resolution, complain to the BBB and even your state attorney generals office.
I got a new pair of frames when mine couldn't keep the lenses in, no charge. (10/31/2009)

By desertgal

A reputable optometrist will offer at a minimum, a year's warranty on any frame/lens they sell. You may have to switch to another company for your next pair. As mentioned, check with the BBB to see if you have any recourse. (01/06/2010)

By kleask

Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Peeling Bell Peppers
Someone peeling a a peach.
Peeling Peaches
Woman Wearing Eyeglasses
Making Eyeglasses Scratch Resistant
Slice of cantaloupe with other cantaloupes in the background.
Peeling and Slicing Melon