Acetone Made My Eyeglasses Cloudy

Category Eye Glasses
Acetone can destroy the coating on eyeglasses. If you accidentally get some on your lenses you will need to take them to a shop to see if the damaged coating can be removed and a new coating applied. This is a guide about acetone made my eyeglasses cloudy.

I accidentally got acetone on my eyeglasses and it took the coating off of my glasses. Now they are really foggy. How do I fix this?

Answers

Best Answer

This won't be easy for you to fix on your own. The acetone basically destroyed the coating on your lens. You will need to take this to an eye glass shop and see if they can buff this off and apply a new coating.

Acetone ruined your eyeglasses. You might be able to sand it off, but you also may make it worse.

Take it back to the store and see if they can remove the coating and re-coat it.

I would take it to a professional--- It looks like a tough job to fix.