Making a Trivet for Hot Dishes from a Puzzle

Category Other
Puzzle pieces are fun to use in lots of craft projects. To make a hot dish trivet you would need to cover the pieces either with heat resistant glass or some type of heat resistant epoxy coating. This page contains some suggestions for making a trivet for hot dishes from a puzzle.

Can a finished puzzle be used as a hot mat for hot dishes being served at dinner?

Answers

Best Answer

You might be able to get away with this one, but it is doubtful unless you use some type of protection over the puzzle. You'll need some sort of clear glass or fiberglass to put over the top of the puzzle to protect it. Otherwise the hot pots can damage the paper on the puzzle.

There is nobody who has done this. The ones I see use wood and they cut the pieces of wood to look like puzzle pieces. I'm not sure if this is what you want to do or not.

Best Answer

I do not feel this would work as I have not been able to find any type of finish that is really heat resistant and can be used on a puzzle.

Yes, but you've got to give it a coating of clear heat-resistant epoxy resin.

It could be used. I would coat it to make it protected from wetness and stains.