Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Selling Fine China

Fine china is great to have around for particular occasions but may not get used daily in many households. Your fine china may be valuable enough that it's worth selling. This is a guide about selling fine china.

September 15, 2016 Flag

How much is a Gorham 1831 Grand Tapestry tea cup and saucer worth? Where can I sell it and who can I sell it to?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Still looking for an answer?

The 2 best places to look for true value for china is eBay and Replacements, LTD.

Her is a cup & saucer on Replacements:

http://www.repl  quote/grmgrt.htm

This is a listing on eBay:

http://www.ebay  cup&_sacat=0

Go to Replacements.com.

Keep in mind their prices are high, and if you do decide to sell, you will probably be offered less.

April 4, 2009 Flag

I would like to sell my never been used fine Italian china from my wedding over 24 years ago. Does anyone know where I can start to look for someone who may be interested in buying it? Thanks in advance.

By Tina from Orange County, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you go to www.craigslist.com you can post items for sale, for free. You can also add pictures of the items. This is a great way to sell because people who live in your area will contact you if they are interested in seeing what you have to sell. Once they purchase, they either take it with them or you can deliver it, if you want, so no shipping. I know several people who have sold things this way.

If you are concerned with safety issues, if someone wants to look at the items, you can arrange to meet them in a public place, and bring the items with you. No one needs to know where you live, which I guess is good too. That way they can't return the items if they change their mind later on. lol

Craigslist (I love craigslist!), ebay, take an ad out in your local paper, some stores let you post up flyers, and check out your local auction houses there you can put a certain limit on it and if it don't reach that limit it will not be sold. Good Luck!

Email Replacements.com and ask them about it. I personally sold them my wedding set that I had had since the early 70's. They bought the whole 12 pc place setting set from me with no questions asked - I was very, very pleased.

I talked to a guy at a garage sale once who had a set of fine china that he sold. He was going to sell it as a set, but was advised to sell it on eBay one piece at a time. He said he got $400-$500 for the set. Other words, he said if you sell it a piece at a time, you can sometimes get much more money for it.

That is a great idea, Amuck. Can't do that with the china though, it is 104 pieces. But I will use your advice in the future. Ebay just seems like more of a hassle than what it it worth.

Thanks Noella...good advice.

Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousOctober 29, 2013
Antique China Cups and Saucers
Uses for Antique China
China tea cup and saucer with floral pattern.
Cleaning Fine China Dishes
China Cup and Saucer
Appraising China
Antique tea cup and saucer.
Repairing Cracks in Fine China
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 17, 2017 at 6:34:30 AM on 10.0.0.74 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.