Selling Fine China

Fine china is great to have around for particular occasions but may not get used daily in many households. Your fine china may be valuable enough that it's worth selling. This is a guide about selling fine china.

September 15, 2016 Flag

How much is a Gorham 1831 Grand Tapestry tea cup and saucer worth? Where can I sell it and who can I sell it to?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 4, 2009 Flag

I would like to sell my never been used fine Italian china from my wedding over 24 years ago. Does anyone know where I can start to look for someone who may be interested in buying it? Thanks in advance.

By Tina from Orange County, CA

Craigslist (I love craigslist!), ebay, take an ad out in your local paper, some stores let you post up flyers, and check out your local auction houses there you can put a certain limit on it and if it don't reach that limit it will not be sold. Good Luck!

Email Replacements.com and ask them about it. I personally sold them my wedding set that I had had since the early 70's. They bought the whole 12 pc place setting set from me with no questions asked - I was very, very pleased.

I talked to a guy at a garage sale once who had a set of fine china that he sold. He was going to sell it as a set, but was advised to sell it on eBay one piece at a time. He said he got $400-$500 for the set. Other words, he said if you sell it a piece at a time, you can sometimes get much more money for it.

That is a great idea, Amuck. Can't do that with the china though, it is 104 pieces. But I will use your advice in the future. Ebay just seems like more of a hassle than what it it worth.

Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousOctober 29, 2013
Antique China Cups and Saucers
Uses for Antique China
China tea cup and saucer with floral pattern.
Cleaning Fine China Dishes
China Cup and Saucer
Appraising China
Antique tea cup and saucer.
Repairing Cracks in Fine China
🎄