Sharing Plants and Cuttings

When I was growing up, the women in my family and neighbors would exchange cuttings of plants - which is such a nice idea. Some plants are so easy to germinate from cuttings or slips - like spider plants. A gardener around here pulled a bunch of spider plants and I rescued from the trash to share with friends!

By Pam from Los Angeles

Sharing Plants and Cuttings

Pam, I am so glad that you rescued those plants from the trash. Some people just haven't learned yet about being thrifty and frugal and are still living with the "throw away" attitude. Whenever I dig up all the little plant offspring and I can't find anywhere else to use them in my garden, I place them at the road side with a sign that says free plants and everyone in the neighborhood stops to get some. There is always someone that could use extra garden plants, and it only takes a little effort to pass them onto someone else. (11/01/2006)

By Persnickety Paula

Sharing Plants and Cuttings
Sharing Plants and Cuttings
Christmas Cactus
Starting a Christmas Cactus from Cuttings
beautiful garden
Sharing Plants With Others
raspberry plant
Propagating Plants by Layering
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings