Sharpie Marks on Walls

How can I remove sharpie ink from a wall? The wall is latex painted.

Joe From Hopewell, NJ

Answers:

Sharpie Marks on Walls

Try WD40. Spray on and use a Mr. Clean Eraser on it after that. Continue spraying and scrubbing and it should come off. (10/10/2006)

By Debbie

Sharpie Marks on Walls

I had someone write on my painted walls with an orange sharpie. I tried everything to get it off, including a lot of the postings I read on this site. However, nothing worked, so I decided to try using Pine-Sol (do no dilute it with water) on a damp washcloth and it took it right off. It took a few minutes, but it came off and did not remove my paint. I hope this works for those who try. (06/09/2007)

By Lynette

SOFT SCRUB

I needed a way for my mom not to find I accidentally got marks on my wall, so I went to the cleaning cabinet, tried everything, but Soft Scrub worked right away. (09/06/2007)

By Molly

Sharpie Marks on Walls

My sister tried the nail polish remover, the hairspray, and the wipe off marker. We were only testing and the nail polish remover removed not only the sharpie, but the paint. The other two didn't do anything. (09/21/2007)

By OHGODHEREWEGO

Sharpie Marks on Walls

Try using nail polish remover without acetone. That wouldn't remove the paint. (10/05/2007)

By Grecia

Sharpie Marks on Walls

After trying the suggestions mentioned above (to no avail) I decided to venture into removal methods of my own. Unfortunately, the only thing that seemed to work (and seamlessly) was Marmite. The yeast extract has riboflavin, and lifts the stain right off. However the new emulsion can be easily removed with the plentiful application of Toilet Duck. Honest guys, it works a treat. (11/19/2007)

By Ricky

Sharpie Marks on Walls

I used nail polish remover and it worked like a champ. (11/20/2007)

By Autumn

Brake Fluid

I can't believe it hasn't been suggested, the ink comes right off. (02/13/2008)

By Lidia

Sharpie Marks on Walls

WD 40 let it sit a bit and then you will see it just gone. (06/13/2008)

By regina

Sharpie Marks on Walls

I took the advice of the many suggestions for brake fluid and it was remarkable. It worked instantly. (07/31/2008)

By Sherri

Sharpie Marks on Walls

I am doing a science project on removing sharpie and I read somewhere that if you put toothpaste on a tooth brush and scrub what you are trying to remove worked really well, but I haven't tried it yet so let me know how it worked. (11/03/2008)

By Chloe

Sharpie Marks on Walls

Germ-X works. Put it directly on the stain or on a paper towel or rag, wait a minute or two and wipe away. The wall might taste bad and smell of Germ-X for a day or two though. (11/16/2008)

By OhNoes! D:

Sharpie Marks on Walls
Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch
Cleaning Permanent (Sharpie) Marker from Leather Furniture
White Walls
Removing Scuff Marks on Walls
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
🎄