Shop Thrift Store Bag Sales for Fabric

When our local thrift shop has bag sales. I normally go and pick out clothes (fabric) to make different things with. Some I use to make photo albums, others I use to make quilt pieces. I also buy the quilted bed covers to use in between my quilts. This makes the item I am making so very much cheaper.

I bring all the fabric home wash it, remove the buttons, and break the fabric down in as large a piece as I can. I store it until I am ready to use it. Not only do I have a great deal on fabric, but I also have lots of buttons also. I can normally get a large paper bag of clothing (fabric) for $3.00.

A funny for you: The last time I went, I was looking at some blue jean jumpers and this lady came by and said "That would look great on you." I chuckled and thanked her, but I was inspecting it for some albums and quilting projects.

By maphisx7 from VA

Shop Thrift Store Bag Sales for Fabric

I do this same thing! :) Every time a new nephew or niece are born, I go a get a bunch of tee shirts and make baby quilts. The jersey material is so soft and they love them! (12/16/2010)

By mrscrafty

Shop Thrift Store Bag Sales for Fabric
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Vintage China Pin Cushions
Making Vintage China Pincushions