Decorating With Thrift Store Finds

Category Accessories
You can find great deals on decorator pieces for a small price tag at your local thrift store. This is a guide about decorating with thrift store finds.

I love Pottery Barn styles for my decor. When their catalog comes to my house, I study it for weeks, until the new one comes. Then I go to garage sales/thrift shops and find "look-a-like" decor and refurbish it to fit in my home.

I just bought a coffee/end table set that was the same as one of their sets minus the paint. The 3 tables cost $20 plus $8 for a quart of paint. I painted the legs and base of each table black. After a few coats of poly, they will be in my family room looking just like a brand new set from Pottery Barn. I just saved hundreds of dollars and it looks like a million.

My catalog came yesterday. I have an old bird's nest on my eaves. I think I will look for a decorative jar to put it in tomorrow at garage sales - another idea from PB!

By susan from Elkhart, IN

Crafters seem to like to try to reproduce what they see at Anthropologie. I love to window shop there!

Old bird's nest = germs maybe?

Anonymous

They do have germs, use gloves when you touch it. I had one once for couple of weeks in classroom in a container with removable top.

Students could see what materials birds used to make a home.

I went to the Anthropologie website & you are so right. There are so many things I love & think I can replicate.