Siberian Husky - German Shepherd Mix Info and Photos

Some of the best family pets are mixed dog breeds. This guide is about Siberian Husky - German Shepherd mix info and photos.

October 8, 2013 Flag

I Have a three month old German Shepherd/Siberian Husky. He is a male. I got him off a friend who couldn't keep him because he was moving. I'd like to learn more about his breed. I've learned he is very playful and energetic. But that's just about all I know.

By Annie Lin

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here are the AKC descriptions of their temperaments:

Siberian Husky

http://www.akc.  eed_standard.cfm

German Shepherd

http://www.akc.  rd_dog/index.cfm

You have a wonderful dog there, those are some of the best of the best!

Blessings,

Robyn

I have 2 Siberian Huskies. Rowdy a 10 yr old Male and Abby a 9 yr old female. They both have totally different personalities but somethings just come with the breed. They have to have exercise. A huskies favorite exercise is a good walk or run. Most Huskies are escape artist, so a good fence is a must. Never leave them off leash unless they are in an enclosed area.

They are bred to be nomads, so they may consider their home but to be 50 sq miles. Which is why so many end up in shelters. Also they don't like to be made to do anything. They will hauler like you are killing them if you make them do something they don't want too (like at the vets).

Most huskies will sing (howl) a couple times a day. Mine very seldom bark, but they are very vocal. Especially, when they are hungry. They have been great company the last 10 years and I couldn't image my life without them. Hope this helps.

January 2, 2010 Flag

I need to know how much it can cost to buy a German Shepherd/Siberian Husky mix?

By Jose from 92570

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I bought a German Shepard/Husky pup, I paid $325.00 for her that includes shading and microchiped when she his 5 months old. She is not a mutt!

I paid nothing for mine, but have spent about a grand on his care in the last month!

December 17, 2015 Flag

I have a German Shepherd/Husky mix. She is approximately 12 months old, her body is very long and when she sits she seems to shift her weight to the side so her front paws touch the floor. When will her frame be full size as now her front and back legs are the same length and this isn't normal?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

At twelve months your large breed dog will appear thin and gangly. The nutrition in her food is going to her rapid frame development.

Shepherds are not mature until the age of two or three depending on bloodline. Huskies are not mature until two.

Huskies hit a major growth spurt at around 15 to 18 months.

Most large breeds will "fill out" between two and three years of age.

December 7, 2014 Flag

Would anyone recommend the German Shepherd/Husky mix as a service dog? I am getting information so I can decide what type of dog to get my mother. The dog has to be patient and strong since it will be needed for strength. My mother has balance issues so having a dog that is strong so it can help her get up is a big plus. Also, the dog has to be good with cats. She has 2 who are not very young. One is 4 yrs and the other is 9 yrs. Plus, I live there with my daughter who is 12. The dog has to realize that she is to be my mother's companion and strength when I am not there.

By Tammie H.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

To be a true service dog, they have to go through specialized training. You can't just get a dog and train it yourself. Does your mother use a walker that should take care of her issues. There are also other aids for assisting people to arise, etc. Check with a store that sells medical aids, like lift chairs, walkers, etc.

A service dog is carefully chosen as a puppy and then receives extensive training (many months) by professional trainers. To expect a dog you buy, no matter what the breed, to perform these tasks will lead to a lot of disappointment. Many breeds become service dogs, but as I said, they are carefully chosen based on their temperament. An untrained dog cannot do what you are expecting of it.

September 26, 2013 Flag

Is the German Shepherd Husky mix good with kids and other dogs?

By Robert from Damascus, GA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi,

We had one when I was a teenager - he was all around great! - very smart, loyal, protective - the best!

It really depends on how a dog is raised, socialized early on, allowed to hang out with other dogs, people, cats, etc.

If you treat him like family, he will love you like family. Every dog is different, but they all start out as good - the rest is up to you : )

July 19, 2013 Flag

Where could I find one of these dogs? I have been looking all over the internet and still can't fine one, a Husky German Shepherd mix puppy.

By KF

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My pure breed German shepherd is pregnant. The dad is a pure breed Siberian husky. Contact me at Karey.Beary AT gmail.com If you are interested in one of the puppies.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

September 1, 2009 Flag

Bella 2 1/2 months old and a Husky/German Shepherd. I got Bella from a friend, who was rescued from abusers. While in the womb, abusers kicked mommy puppy. She lost many puppies. When born, they kicked her to. My friend saved the mom and puppies, and found homes. I finally got Bella around 2 months old, learning she has a hernia because of the abuse. It doesn't hurt her, thank God.

Bella loves to search and find things as well as playing with her bear. She loves to chase things and is not scared of a little dirty water. Bella loves to be outside. She loves the cats. She also love to swim. After a long day of having fun, she loves to enjoy a belly rub and a little relaxation music by Lifehouse. Any other music artist, she'll run away to sleep under my bed. While we are half asleep on my bed, we tend to share some "bacon" together.She also loves to sleep with her bear. Pics are in my profile. (she gets little pieces of bacon bacon, the doggie snack. and I get real bacon). She is 2 1/2months old and knows how to sit, give paw, stay and come. She is potty trained. She is very, very smart

By AlexisVH39 from East Mckeesport,PA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 7 Comments

August 28, 2013 Flag

How and when did you get your pet?
Malakai is 16 weeks old/German Shepherd and Siberian Husky puppy. We got him from a private owner/breeder in Salem Oregon in July.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
He is an absolute smart dog and very active. His favorite activities are walking/running the beach where we live and playing in the sand.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
His two different colored eyes make Malakai very unique. We are very happy we found this little guy. He is a joy to our family. Already Malakai has shown a lot of respect and faithfulness to my family. What a terrific pup he is!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 5 Comments

October 19, 2016 Flag

Your Pet's Age
1 year

Your Pet's Breed
Siberian Husky/Alaskan Husky/German Shepherd mix

How and when did you get your pet?
From a friend/Dec '15

What does your pet like to do for fun?
He likes to run and play with his 4 month old sister.

He has the best temperament, is intelligent, and has been easy to train, just like his Sis.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 19, 2009 Flag

Gemma is a 10 month Siberian Husky/German Shepherd mix. We bought her from an ad in the paper at 6 weeks old. We wanted a shepherd cross and thought it was an interesting mix. She loves to swim anywhere (beach, lake, dam), run, chase sticks and rough play. Gemma is extremely intelligent, happy, playful and energetic.

By tc.lb from Newcastle, Aust

Gemma (Siberian Husky and Shepherd Mix)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

November 28, 2015 Flag

Thor was found underweight, covered in mud, and wandering lost through a neighboring county. He was brought to the Charlottesville, Virginia SPCA, where my family adopted him January 1, 2015.

Thor in car

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 21, 2016 Flag

When he was a puppy someone left him in the park and I brought him home. He likes to jog, eat, and lay around.

Bo (German Shepherd/Husky)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 4, 2013 Flag

This is Petunia :) she is our red and black German ShepherdXHusky.

Dog lying near fence.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 4, 2007 Flag

Ruby Ramona is our 9 month old German Shepherd x Siberian Husky mix. I bought Ruby 2 months after my beautiful boy Ace passed away. She was to keep our 13 year old Kelpie, Josie, company who sadly died when Ruby was 7 months old.

German Shepherd and Siberian Husky

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 24, 2006 Flag

Brutus Photo. Brutus is my 1 1/2 year old German Shepherd/Siberian Husky Mix.

Brutus (German Shepherd and Siberian Husky Mix)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 15, 2010 Flag

Luna is a 4 month Husky mix, either Shepherd or Sharpei. I adopted her as a stray from the animal shelter after she was found as a stray. She likes to nap in her crate, lick you, play with kids, lick you, go for walks, lick you, and most of all, she likes to lick you.

Luna (Husky - Shepard)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 20, 2008 Flag

Dutchess is 3 1/2 years old and a German Shepherd/Siberian Husky Mix. I got her at an animal shelter in Orlando, Fl

Dutchess (German Shepard and Siberian Husky Mix)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 25, 2016 Flag

Our dear friend had one pup left and offered him to us to adopt. Sampson loves to sit on the steps leading up to our patio and oversee everything that goes on. He also sleeps on the foot of my daughter's bed at night. He likes to run laps around our front yard with our other dog, Bruno.

Sampson 2 (Husky/German Shepherd Mix)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 26, 2010 Flag

Sabber is a 1 year and 3 month old German Shepard/Husky. I found a ad on Craigs list while I was visiting friends in Tennessee. They had German Shepard/Husky pups listed and I couldn't resist. She was the last puppy with one blue eye.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 19, 2010 Flag

Caesar is an 8 year old Siberian Husky mixed with a German Shepherd. I adopted him from the SPCA. He was from a neglectful home. He likes to run around and play with his squeaky toys and bring joy to my life like nothing else can.

Caesar (Siberian Husky and German Shepherd Mix)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 4, 2008 Flag

Dakota is 14 months old and a Husky/Shepherd mix. I got him from a swap shop radio 14 months ago.

white husky shepherd

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 29, 2013 Flag

He was an accident (not bred through any kind of a breeder). The people we got him from just wanted the puppies to get a good home.

German Shepherd sitting outside.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 21, 2014 Flag

I was given Sesame when she was just 3 1/2 weeks old.

In Memory of Sesame (Husky/Shepherd Mix)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Pets Dogs Dog Breeds Siberian HuskyAugust 10, 2012
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix
Skinny German Shepherd Laying Down
Skinny German Shepherd
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 19, 2017 at 10:23:14 PM on 10.0.0.4 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.