Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Siberian Husky German Shepherd Mix - Breed Information and Photos

2 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Caesar (Siberian Husky and German Shepherd Mix)

Some of the best family pets are mixed dog breeds. This guide is about Siberian Husky German Shepherd dog mix - breed information and photos.

Solutions: Siberian Husky German Shepherd Mix - Breed Information and Photos

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Article: Siberian Husky and German Shepherd Dog Mix Feedback

What is the best environment for Siberian Husky and German Shepherd Dog Mixes? Here is advice from the ThriftyFun community.

Answers:

Desert Is Not The Best Climate For These Dogs

We live in the desert and had Siberian Husky & Black Lab mix. He was always so hot. He'd dig in the dirt to try to get cool. While he hated water, when he'd get really, really hot, he'd go stand in his huge water bucket we had, not lie down, but just stand in it. His digging in the soil was what ended his life as he contracted "Valley Fever", a respiratory disease. We had to put him down, almost 5 years ago, now. While he was a lot of joy to us, I'd not get that breed of dog again, while living here in the desert, I would if we lived in a cooler climate.

By badwater

High Energy Dogs

Huskies are very high energy dogs so if you're not a jogger or plan to do agility, anything to keep them constantly busy, I'd go with a different dog. Shepherds are very intelligent and need brain stimulation too. If you're laid back go with a Golden Retriever mix. They are very happy just hanging around. Of course that's depending on what they're mixed with. You can tell their disposition by interacting with them. And a shelter is full of great dogs just waiting for you!

By Vicki

Lots Of Play Time

Hello, we own the same breed of dog and I agree that they need lots of play time and are very smart.

By Leaky

Lots Of Room

As far as the best environment goes, I would have to say that you definitely need a fairly large, fenced in yard at the very least. We have an acre lot fenced in and Jackson seems to love it. He is able to really get up a lot of speed as he runs laps when he is playing with us. Also, Jackson loves to dig, but it's been a year now and he doesn't seem interested in digging to get out of the fence. He just digs for the sheer enjoyment of digging. I am constantly filling in holes that he may dig anywhere in the yard. He also really loves going to the local dog park and running with the other dogs there. This type of environment seems to keep him happy as we do not have the time or stamina to take him for long walks or exercise runs.

By JacksonBrowne

Good With Kids

I have a 6 month old Husky/Shepard mix and she is 50 lbs. She is very energetic and lovable, she needs lot of attention stimulation and running room:) Plus she is a wonderful dog for my 2 year old son and she is very loving and protective of him (07/13/2005)

By kim

Advice From An Owner

I rescued a dog that I am told is German Shepherd and Husky. I typed German Shepherd/Husky mix into the search bar and was happily surprised that such a site existed. My dog is guessed to be 2 yrs old and she ways 65 pounds. Her coat is fluffy and very soft and her personality is sweet and playful. She is also a bit wild and hyper.

We live in the valley, too. Everything we have read has told us not to shave long haired breeds in the summer, so we haven't. She has a doggie door and comes in whenever she wants and always has fresh water available. Valley fever is a threat here to pets and humans, but it can be successfully treated with anti-fungal medication. I am sorry to hear about the dog above who got ill.

By Kim

Memories Of Lucy

I live in the Kansas City area. I've had dogs all my life of various mixes. Our last dog, Lucy, who we lost to stomach cancer, was absolutely the most loving, intelligent, and loyal dog we have ever owned. She was a German Shepherd/Husky mix. She was overweight at about 65 to 70 lbs. Size can vary and depends on many, many factors, the first being gender of course.

Our veterinarian told us when we bought Lucy that this mix is extremely intelligent and he was right. They can just about learn anything very quickly. I'd almost bet you could teach one to drive a car!

By KCKID

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Siberian Husky German Shepherd Mix - Breed Information and Photos.

Question: Information About German Shepherd Siberian Husky Mix

I Have a three month old German Shepherd/Siberian Husky. He is a male. I got him off a friend who couldn't keep him because he was moving. I'd like to learn more about his breed. I've learned he is very playful and energetic. But that's just about all I know.

By Annie Lin

Most Recent Answer

By NEWFIEGIRL [8]10/10/2013

What a great mix of canine intelligence. Just remember that all northern breed dogs are not your usual pet animals. Good luck.

Question: Buying a Shepherd Husky Mix

I need to know how much it can cost to buy a German Shepherd/Siberian Husky mix?

By Jose from 92570

Most Recent Answer

By Lida R.11/10/2013

I paid nothing for mine, but have spent about a grand on his care in the last month!

RE: Buying a Shepherd Husky Mix

Question: Personality of a German Shepherd Husky Mix

Is the German Shepherd Husky mix good with kids and other dogs?

By Robert from Damascus, GA

Most Recent Answer

By curlulu09/26/2013

Hi,
We had one when I was a teenager - he was all around great! - very smart, loyal, protective - the best!
It really depends on how a dog is raised, socialized early on, allowed to hang out with other dogs, people, cats, etc.
If you treat him like family, he will love you like family. Every dog is different, but they all start out as good - the rest is up to you : )

Question: Looking for a Husky German Shepherd Puppy

Where could I find one of these dogs? I have been looking all over the internet and still can't fine one, a Husky German Shepherd mix puppy.

By KF

Most Recent Answer

By karey spenst12/17/2013

My pure breed German shepherd is pregnant. The dad is a pure breed Siberian husky. Contact me at Karey.Beary AT gmail.com If you are interested in one of the puppies.

Photos

Below are photos related to this guide.

Bella (Husky/German Shepherd)

Bella 2 1/2 months old and a Husky/German Shepherd. I got Bella from a friend, who was rescued from abusers. While in the womb, abusers kicked mommy puppy. She lost many puppies. When born, they kicked her to. My friend saved the mom and puppies, and found homes. I finally got Bella around 2 months old, learning she has a hernia because of the abuse. It doesn't hurt her, thank God.

Bella loves to search and find things as well as playing with her bear. She loves to chase things and is not scared of a little dirty water. Bella loves to be outside. She loves the cats. She also love to swim. After a long day of having fun, she loves to enjoy a belly rub and a little relaxation music by Lifehouse. Any other music artist, she'll run away to sleep under my bed. While we are half asleep on my bed, we tend to share some "bacon" together.She also loves to sleep with her bear. Pics are in my profile. (she gets little pieces of bacon bacon, the doggie snack. and I get real bacon). She is 2 1/2months old and knows how to sit, give paw, stay and come. She is potty trained. She is very, very smart

By AlexisVH39 from East Mckeesport,PA

Gemma (Siberian Husky and Shepherd Mix)

Gemma is a 10 month Siberian Husky/German Shepherd mix. We bought her from an ad in the paper at 6 weeks old. We wanted a shepherd cross and thought it was an interesting mix. She loves to swim anywhere (beach, lake, dam), run, chase sticks and rough play. Gemma is extremely intelligent, happy, playful and energetic.

By tc.lb from Newcastle, Aust

Gemma (Siberian Husky and Shepherd Mix)

Malakai (German Shepherd/Siberian Husky)

How and when did you get your pet?
Malakai is 16 weeks old/German Shepherd and Siberian Husky puppy. We got him from a private owner/breeder in Salem Oregon in July.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
He is an absolute smart dog and very active. His favorite activities are walking/running the beach where we live and playing in the sand.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
His two different colored eyes make Malakai very unique. We are very happy we found this little guy. He is a joy to our family. Already Malakai has shown a lot of respect and faithfulness to my family. What a terrific pup he is!

By

Caesar is an 8 year old Siberian Husky mixed with a German Shepherd. I adopted him from the SPCA. He was from a neglectful home. He likes to run around and play with his squeaky toys and bring joy to my life like nothing else can. As soon as I saw Caesar, my heart melted. He was so skinny and missing some teeth. I can tell you that he is the sweetest thing and I don't know how I could have ever lived without him. Caesar (Siberian Husky and German Shepherd Mix) Caesar (Siberian Husky and German Shepherd Mix)

By Renae

Petunia (German ShepherdXHusky)

Dog lying near fence.

Your Pet's Breed
This is Petunia :) she is our red and black German ShepherdXHusky.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
We find it does well to play ball or hide and seek or chase around the yard for exercise when she is in the mood for mischief (which is several times a day). Papa takes her for her walks.

She does have many of the qualities of both breeds. Highly intelligent, energetic, and somewhat challenging (she thinks she's the boss). Tuny is outrageously strong, and takes advantage of Grandmama when on the leash . "Leave it" works well enough with treats, not so much with a sock or toy :( She puts up with us too, comes with to work everyday. She treats most of our customers with respect . She will take advantage of anyone who gives the hint they would like "rough-house" with her.

Petunia does understand she must be gentle with children, tho we do keep a close eye, as she has a penchant for using her teeth and there's no use in taking chances. We provide nice hard beef marrow bones for her weekly, to help satisfy her need to chew. This is not a X-breed for the faint of heart. Petunia loves socializing at Petsmart and the drive-thru at McDonald's where she is always treated to a "kiddy cone". Puppy cone? We love her.

Lying on floor looking at person taking photo.Bluish tinit photo of dog's head closup.Sitting up on gravel path.Lying on carpet.Sitting in car.

By

Luna (Husky - Shepard?)

Luna is a 4 month Husky mix, either Shepherd or Sharpei. I adopted her as a stray from the animal shelter after she was found as a stray. She likes to nap in her crate, lick you, play with kids, lick you, go for walks, lick you, and most of all, she likes to lick you.

By Kim from Albuquerque

Luna (Husky - Shepard)

Majestic Maverick (Siberian Husky/German Shepherd Mix)

German Shepherd sitting outside.

Your Pet's Age
4 1/2

Your Pet's Breed
Siberian Huskie/Shepherd Mix

How and when did you get your pet?
He was an accident (not bred through any kind of a breeder). The people we got him from just wanted the puppies to get a good home.

This is my dog Maverick. He's the best dog in the world. Very obedient, loyal, and incredibly loving. He's pretty high energy (he absolutely loves the snow!) or he's fine just hanging out and being lazy with us. He picked up on simple commands really fast when he was a puppy. He is literally the happiest dog ever. Mav is just a big giant baby that loves everyone around him. The only complaint I have is the constant dog hair, but it's a small price to pay for owning and getting to enjoy such a smart wonderful dog. We took him to a local park while everyone was having a jam session. He sat right with me and a friend of mine snapped a few pictures of him along with the artists playing.

By

In Memory of Sesame (Husky/Shepherd Mix)

Your Pet's Age
just turned 10 years old

Your Pet's Breed
Husky/Shepherd

How and when did you get your pet?
I was given Sesame when she was just 3 1/2 weeks old.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Usually shake my pillows to the point she would take off the pillow cases at one time. I had 14 pillows on my bed. Every morning, we would have a pillow fight. Then I would put the pillow case over her head and she would run around the bed with it on her head until she shook it off.

She is being euthanized because she has intestinal or rectum cancer. This is her last day home.

By

Dutchess (German Shepard and Siberian Husky Mix)

Dutchess is 3 1/2 years old and a German Shepherd/Siberian Husky Mix. I got her at an animal shelter in Orlando, FL. She likes to play Frisbee and swim. She is a loving, sweet, high energy dog. I have a 2 year old little boy that she loves more than anything.

She's definitely got strong qualities from both breeds. She's extremely smart, but full of energy also. She's a great sport dog! I would love to have this specific breed for the rest of my life. I couldn't ask for a better dog!

By Kim from Grandy, NC

Dakota (Husky/Shepherd)

Dakota is 14 months old and a Husky/Shepherd mix. I got him from a swap shop radio 14 months ago.

He likes to act like a toddler, loves to play in the morning. He speaks, sits, rolls over, shakes and loves kids.

By Don from Indiana

white husky shepherd

Ruby Ramona (German Shepherd x Siberian Husky)

Ruby Ramona is our 9 month old German Shepherd x Siberian Husky mix. I bought Ruby 2 months after my beautiful boy Ace passed away. She was to keep our 13 year old Kelpie, Josie, company who sadly died when Ruby was 7 months old.

Ruby loves playing with the kids and is well socialised with other dogs. For fun Ruby loves long walks and lots of rough play with the kids and her boyfriend, Barron (Belgian shepherd) She gets a bit destructive when left alone with separation anxiety but is an absolutely wonderful pup all round.

Ruby is just absolutely gorgeous. She is highly intelligent, yet a little stubborn at times but is just the most beautiful gentle girl ever. She has given me so much love and helped me to grieve my other lost Fur babies. She means the world to us all.

By Donna Dunleavy from Brisbane Australia

German Shepherd and Siberian Husky

Brutus (German Shepherd and Siberian Husky Mix)

Brutus is my 1 1/2 year old German Shepherd/Siberian Husky Mix. Some people found Brutus last January abandoned in a park when he was about 7 weeks old. They came into the pet store where I was working to find an adoption agency for him as they couldn't keep him. I took him home with me that same night!

Brutus loves his tricky treat ball and playing with his rope toys. "Mom calls it fetch, I call it keep away." says Brutus. He loves children and and his stuffed animals and play dates with his buddy Bear.

Brutus is my first dog and my best friend. He's smart, protective yet loving and still a crazy puppy at times! My constant companion, we are even looking into pet friendly vacations so he can come with us!

By Luna621 from Saugerties, NY