German Shepherd Jack Russel Mix Photos

While not a typical cross, because of the size difference, German Shepherd and Jack Russel terrier mixed puppies are possible. This page contains photos and comments regarding German Shepherd and Jack Russel mix pups.

Anyone have a photo of a dog that is part German Shepherd and part Jack Russel?

By Ann Triplett from Cedar Rapids, IA

Answers

Best Answer

I was told when I adopted my dog that he is a German Shepherd/ Terrier mix. I think they told me that the mother was the shepherd and the father the terrier. He is now 5 and here is a picture of him. I still don't think the breeds are 100% correct, but haven't been able to find any pictures of these breeds together that look like him.

Best Answer

Here is simba my 2 year old gsd/jack Russell,(jack shepperd)the mum is the jack Russell,dad gsd they are my neighbour's dogs, mum had 5 live pups at home no problems.here is a picture of the 3 of them

Best Answer

It may be unlikely, but it has happened. My dog, Abbey, recently passed, but her mother was a jack russell and her dad was a German shepherd. Im not sure if mom was a purebred though, because she was relatively large for a jack Russell. Anyway, the litter consisted of two white and brown males and a completely brown female, Abbey.

She was about 14 at the shoulder, and looked like a corgi on stilts. The undercoat around her shoulders was black, and she sure had a terrier attitude. But yes, if the litter is small, a female jack Russell can give birth to this mix.

Don't have such a photo, and it seems to be an unlikely combination because of the size difference. A female jack russell bred to a German shepherd would likely die giving birth to puppies that are too large for her to carry. Bad, bad idea.

Pets Dogs AdviceAugust 28, 2019
🌻
📓
🎂