Siberian Husky & German Shepherd Mix Information and Photos

Some of the best family pets are mixed dog breeds. This page includes information and photos from Siberian Husky and German Shepherd mix dogs.

Siberian Husky & German Shepherd Mix Photos

Share Your PhotoCheck out these Siberian Husky & German Shepherd Mix Photos shared by the ThriftyFun community!.

Bella 2 1/2 months old and a Husky/German Shepherd. I got Bella from a friend, who was rescued from abusers. While in the womb, abusers kicked mommy puppy. She lost many puppies. When born, they kicked her to. My friend saved the mom and puppies, and found homes. I finally got Bella around 2 months old, learning she has a hernia because of the abuse. It doesn't hurt her, thank God.

Bella loves to search and find things as well as playing with her bear. She loves to chase things and is not scared of a little dirty water. Bella loves to be outside. She loves the cats. She also love to swim. After a long day of having fun, she loves to enjoy a belly rub and a little relaxation music by Lifehouse. Any other music artist, she'll run away to sleep under my bed. While we are half asleep on my bed, we tend to share some "bacon" together.She also loves to sleep with her bear. Pics are in my profile. (she gets little pieces of bacon bacon, the doggie snack. and I get real bacon). She is 2 1/2months old and knows how to sit, give paw, stay and come. She is potty trained. She is very, very smart

By AlexisVH39 from East Mckeesport,PA

Comment Like this photo? 15

Gemma is a 10 month Siberian Husky/German Shepherd mix. We bought her from an ad in the paper at 6 weeks old. We wanted a shepherd cross and thought it was an interesting mix. She loves to swim anywhere (beach, lake, dam), run, chase sticks and rough play. Gemma is extremely intelligent, happy, playful and energetic.

By tc.lb from Newcastle, Aust

Gemma (Siberian Husky and Shepherd Mix)

Comment Like this photo? 10

Sabber is a 1 year and 3 month old German Shepard/Husky. I found a ad on Craigs list while I was visiting friends in Tennessee. They had German Shepard/Husky pups listed and I couldn't resist. She was the last puppy with one blue eye.

Sabber loves to play in the river, play tug of war and fetch. I also have a 7 month old kitten that she adores and is very protective of. The photo of her is after a day of playing in the river and a one hour run.

Sabber being German Shepard/Husky is very active and loves to run. We have to go on jogs twice a day to get some of the hyper behavior out of her. I had been told by many people that this combination of breed hated cats and were not great with children, but she is wonderful with both. Sabber is extremely intelligent and she has learned some very interesting tricks.

By angie

Comment Like this photo? 8

Your Pet's Age
6

Your Pet's Breed
German Shepherd and Husky

How and when did you get your pet?
When he was a puppy someone left him in the park and I brought him home.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
He likes to jog, eat, and lay around.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
He's more of my best friend then a pet.

Comment Like this photo? 7

How and when did you get your pet?
Malakai is 16 weeks old/German Shepherd and Siberian Husky puppy. We got him from a private owner/breeder in Salem Oregon in July.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
He is an absolute smart dog and very active. His favorite activities are walking/running the beach where we live and playing in the sand.

His two different colored eyes make Malakai very unique. We are very happy we found this little guy. He is a joy to our family. Already Malakai has shown a lot of respect and faithfulness to my family. What a terrific pup he is!

Comment Like this photo? 7

Caesar is an 8 year old Siberian Husky mixed with a German Shepherd. I adopted him from the SPCA. He was from a neglectful home. He likes to run around and play with his squeaky toys and bring joy to my life like nothing else can.

Caesar (Siberian Husky and German Shepherd Mix)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

This is Petunia :) she is our red and black German ShepherdXHusky.

Dog lying near fence.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

I got him from a friend/Dec '15. He likes to run and play with his 4 month old sister.

Nicky on the bed with another dog

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

Thor was found underweight, covered in mud, and wandering lost through a neighboring county. He was brought to the Charlottesville, Virginia SPCA, where my family adopted him January 1, 2015.

Thor in car

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

Luna is a 4 month Husky mix, either Shepherd or Sharpei. I adopted her as a stray from the animal shelter after she was found as a stray. She likes to nap in her crate, lick you, play with kids, lick you, go for walks, lick you, and most of all, she likes to lick you.

Luna (Husky - Shepard)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

Our dear friend had one pup left and offered him to us to adopt. Sampson loves to sit on the steps leading up to our patio and oversee everything that goes on. He also sleeps on the foot of my daughter's bed at night. He likes to run laps around our front yard with our other dog, Bruno.

Sampson 2 (Husky/German Shepherd Mix)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

He was an accident (not bred through any kind of a breeder). The people we got him from just wanted the puppies to get a good home.

German Shepherd sitting outside.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

Ruby Ramona is our 9 month old German Shepherd x Siberian Husky mix. I bought Ruby 2 months after my beautiful boy Ace passed away. She was to keep our 13 year old Kelpie, Josie, company who sadly died when Ruby was 7 months old.

German Shepherd and Siberian Husky

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

I was given Sesame when she was just 3 1/2 weeks old.

In Memory of Sesame (Husky/Shepherd Mix)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Dutchess is 3 1/2 years old and a German Shepherd/Siberian Husky Mix. I got her at an animal shelter in Orlando, Fl

Dutchess (German Shepard and Siberian Husky Mix)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Dakota is 14 months old and a Husky/Shepherd mix. I got him from a swap shop radio 14 months ago.

white husky shepherd

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Brutus Photo. Brutus is my 1 1/2 year old German Shepherd/Siberian Husky Mix.

Brutus (German Shepherd and Siberian Husky Mix)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following Siberian Husky & German Shepherd Mix Photos. Have something to add? Please share your solution!

When we think of environment we tend to think of the climate regarding weather. However when choosing a dog breed or mix, environment can also include the make up of your household, the size of the yard, and time available to spend with your new pet. Read about others' experiences regarding the best environment for these intelligent dogs.

A German Shepherd and Siberian Husky mix puppy.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Ask a QuestionHere are the Siberian Husky & German Shepherd Mix Photos asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.

I Have a three month old German Shepherd/Siberian Husky. He is a male. I got him off a friend who couldn't keep him because he was moving. I'd like to learn more about his breed. I've learned he is very playful and energetic. But that's just about all I know.

By Annie Lin

Answers

Here are the AKC descriptions of their temperaments:

Siberian Husky
http://www.akc. … eed_standard.cfm

German Shepherd
http://www.akc. … rd_dog/index.cfm

You have a wonderful dog there, those are some of the best of the best!

Blessings,
Robyn

I have 2 Siberian Huskies. Rowdy a 10 yr old Male and Abby a 9 yr old female. They both have totally different personalities but somethings just come with the breed. They have to have exercise. A huskies favorite exercise is a good walk or run. Most Huskies are escape artist, so a good fence is a must. Never leave them off leash unless they are in an enclosed area.

They are bred to be nomads, so they may consider their home but to be 50 sq miles. Which is why so many end up in shelters. Also they don't like to be made to do anything. They will hauler like you are killing them if you make them do something they don't want too (like at the vets).

Most huskies will sing (howl) a couple times a day. Mine very seldom bark, but they are very vocal. Especially, when they are hungry. They have been great company the last 10 years and I couldn't image my life without them. Hope this helps.

What a great mix of canine intelligence. Just remember that all northern breed dogs are not your usual pet animals. Good luck.

I need to know how much it can cost to buy a German Shepherd/Siberian Husky mix?

By Jose from 92570

Answers

Its a mutt, so possibly free - $150, if you pay anymore your getting ripped off.

It's not a mutt anymore. It's now considered a 'designer dog.' You will probably have a difficult time finding one. It hard to say what the cost would be. It's always wise to check your local shelters or rescues. You might find a dog that is mostly shepherd and husky with some other mix which would still be a great dog. All dogs are great. Nowadays, many people like to adopt mixed breed dogs from shelters and send their DNA off for analysis. Many mixed dogs are now considered designer dogs if they are two breeds deliberately mixed together.

Anonymous

Instead of buying one maybe you could consider checking local shelters and online shelters because there are so many fur babies out there that 'need' homes and will be put to sleep if they aren't adopted :-(

I bought a German Shepard/Husky pup, I paid $325.00 for her that includes shading and microchiped when she his 5 months old. She is not a mutt!

I paid nothing for mine, but have spent about a grand on his care in the last month!

Anonymous

Adopted our " Sweetie " Shepard/Husky mix she brilliant potty trained in one lesson , knows 20 commands , good with grand kids and other pets , LOVE HER

I have a German Shepherd/Husky mix. She is approximately 12 months old, her body is very long and when she sits she seems to shift her weight to the side so her front paws touch the floor. When will her frame be full size as now her front and back legs are the same length and this isn't normal?

Answers

At twelve months your large breed dog will appear thin and gangly. The nutrition in her food is going to her rapid frame development.
Shepherds are not mature until the age of two or three depending on bloodline. Huskies are not mature until two.
Huskies hit a major growth spurt at around 15 to 18 months.
Most large breeds will "fill out" between two and three years of age.

Would anyone recommend the German Shepherd/Husky mix as a service dog? I am getting information so I can decide what type of dog to get my mother. The dog has to be patient and strong since it will be needed for strength. My mother has balance issues so having a dog that is strong so it can help her get up is a big plus. Also, the dog has to be good with cats. She has 2 who are not very young. One is 4 yrs and the other is 9 yrs. Plus, I live there with my daughter who is 12. The dog has to realize that she is to be my mother's companion and strength when I am not there.

By Tammie H.

Answers

To be a true service dog, they have to go through specialized training. You can't just get a dog and train it yourself. Does your mother use a walker that should take care of her issues. There are also other aids for assisting people to arise, etc. Check with a store that sells medical aids, like lift chairs, walkers, etc.

A service dog is carefully chosen as a puppy and then receives extensive training (many months) by professional trainers. To expect a dog you buy, no matter what the breed, to perform these tasks will lead to a lot of disappointment. Many breeds become service dogs, but as I said, they are carefully chosen based on their temperament. An untrained dog cannot do what you are expecting of it.

Is the German Shepherd Husky mix good with kids and other dogs?

By Robert from Damascus, GA

Answers

Hi,
We had one when I was a teenager - he was all around great! - very smart, loyal, protective - the best!
It really depends on how a dog is raised, socialized early on, allowed to hang out with other dogs, people, cats, etc.
If you treat him like family, he will love you like family. Every dog is different, but they all start out as good - the rest is up to you : )

Where could I find one of these dogs? I have been looking all over the internet and still can't fine one, a Husky German Shepherd mix puppy.

By KF

Answers

My pure breed German shepherd is pregnant. The dad is a pure breed Siberian husky. Contact me at Karey.Beary AT gmail.com If you are interested in one of the puppies.