Sleepover Birthday Party Ideas for Boys

My son is having his birthday party at home this year and we are having 12 kids sleep over. For some kids this is the first time away from mom and dad. With regards to some parents, I want to build the parents' trust because I hardly know them. Any suggestions would be helpful. I just want my son's friends to have a good time and want to come back. The party is too early to go swimming because of the temperature.

By Chris from Western KY

Answers:

Sleepover Birthday Party Ideas for Boys

Simple: Have your son get the phone numbers from his friends who he's inviting over and give the parents a phone call. (03/20/2010)

By MCW

Sleepover Birthday Party Ideas for Boys

Wow! 12 kids plus your own all at once! You're braver than I am. I agree with MCW. I'd call each parent and give them a little background on you and the family. They might want to ask questions, but be shy about asking. I'd tell them your policy about guns in the house, smoking in the house (adults, of course) and your plans for security. You say this is the first time away for some of them so the parents are going to concerned about everything. You might even go so far as to ask the parents that want to to stay for awhile to visit with you.

I made a mistake years ago when my boys were young by not asking enough questions and discovered later they were left alone for about a half hour and the son of the house showed everybody the gun his parents kept in their bedroom, along with their Playboy mags. Live and learn! (03/21/2010)

By Glenn'sMom

Sleepover Party Ideas for Boys
Sleepover Party Ideas for Boys
Mommy Sleepover
Mommy Sleepover Ideas
Kids gathered around cake at birthday.
14th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Cake with a 13 candles on it.
13th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
🎉
🎄