Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken
This slow cooker chicken with an onion and mushroom sauce is creamy and delicious. Put the ingredients in your crockpot for a delicious chicken dinner.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Slow cooked chicken in a creamy onion and mushroom sauce.
Yield: Increase ingredient amounts for the number of servings desired.
- 1 to 2 chicken pieces*
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 small onion*
- 3-4 button mushrooms*
- 1-2 tsp of your favourite herbs and spices
- a good pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp (very heaped) cream cheese
- corn flour (corn starch) for thickening (optional)
- Begin first thing in the morning and chop the onions.
- Fry the onions in the cooking oil.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Add a centimetre or so of warm water to the crock pot and set it on low.
- Add the mushrooms and onions to the crock pot with your favourite herbs and spices and a good pinch of salt. Mild warm spices such as cumin and paprika work well. Stir thoroughly.
- Place the chicken pieces on top of onions and mushrooms.
- Place the lid on the pot and leave to cook all day.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken onto a plate and pour the sauce into a pan. Return the chicken to the pot to keep warm.
- Return the chicken to the pot to keep warm.
- Add the cream cheese to the vegetables and stir over a low heat until the cheese has melted and mixed in.
- If the sauce is too thin, use a little corn flour (corn starch) mixed with a small amount of cold water to thicken it.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce poured over.
- Nice served with rice, cous cous or mashed potato and some extra vegetables such as carrots or cabbage
In This Guide