Crockpot Balsamic Chicken
Balsamic vinegar lends a sweet, tangy flavor to this delicious crockpot meal. This is a guide about crockpot balsamic chicken.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
An easy version of Balsamic Chicken.
- 4-6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (I use Perdue's Perfect Portions )
- 2 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced not chopped (I use more as I love onion)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (I use more, because I love it)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. each: dried oregano, basil, and rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- ground black pepper and salt to taste
Pour the olive oil on bottom of crock pot. Place in chicken breasts, salt and pepper each breast. Put sliced onion under and on top of chicken then put in all the dried herbs and garlic cloves. Pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes
Cook on high 4 hours, serve with pasta.
By Jarron from Ocala, FL
June 1, 20120 found this helpful
This sounds wonderful and the sauce spooned over pasta delightful! The one thing I would do differently is to sear the chicken in a skillet first to lock in the juices for a more moist flavorful meat.