Peach-Balsamic Chicken Skillet Recipe
Fresh peaches combine with tomatoes, onions, balsamic vinegar, and basil to make a scrumptious skillet meal. This page contains a peach-balsamic chicken skillet recipe.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Take advantage of summer peaches and basil for the freshest taste, although this delicious dish can be made any time of the year.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Source: Recipe in supermarket circular
- oil for sautéing
- 4 chicken cutlets (I used boneless chicken thighs)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow onion
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups sliced firm, ripe yellow peaches
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place in the skillet.
- Add onion. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is browned, turning once. Remove the chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add the balsamic vinegar. Cook 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in the peaches and drained canned tomatoes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover the skillet and reduce the heat. Cook 8 to 10 minutes. The chicken should no longer be pink in the center and if you put a thermometer in should register 165 degrees F.
- Sprinkle with basil before serving.