Peach-Balsamic Chicken Skillet
Take advantage of summer peaches and basil for the freshest taste, although this delicious dish can be made any time of the year.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Source: Recipe in supermarket circular
- oil for sautéing
- 4 chicken cutlets (I used boneless chicken thighs)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow onion
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups sliced firm, ripe yellow peaches
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place in the skillet.
- Add onion. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is browned, turning once. Remove the chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add the balsamic vinegar. Cook 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in the peaches and drained canned tomatoes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover the skillet and reduce the heat. Cook 8 to 10 minutes. The chicken should no longer be pink in the center and if you put a thermometer in should register 165 degrees F.
- Sprinkle with basil before serving.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.