Smoke Detector Won't Stop Chirping

My fire alarm started chirping this morning and it woke me up. I don't have the correct batteries to replace it, but I've tried everything else and it continues to chirp after I turn it off. How do I make it stop without getting a new battery?

Best Answer

You would actually have to undo it from the ceiling and unhook the wires. It is better and safer to find a way to get those batteries.

My alarm has been chirping lately too and I noticed low temperature sets it off. If I turn the heater on, the alarm goes quiet until the next morning when the temperature again gets low.

The batteries are probably low. If you don't have a new battery, just remove the old one to stop the chirping now. Then get a new battery as soon as possible, as you don't want to forget to replace it.