Snowman Bottle Cap Magnet

Category Miscellaneous
Snowman Refrigerator Magnet - finished magnet sitting on a countertop
Collect up a few supplies and you are ready to start making these cute magnets. Change the image and they can be made for any holiday or season. This is a guide about snowman bottle cap magnet.

Here is a nice project for kids to make, personalizing it for birthdays, Valentine's Day, or other holidays, depending on the graphic you choose to make! Mine was a snowman since it was done around the holidays, but an initial, name, or a heart would look adorable!
A bottle cap, some self drying clay, markers or paint and a magnetic dot or strip and it's done! Nice for afterschool, library, or scout programs too!

Total Time: 20 minutes

• bottle cap (s)
  • self drying clay or homemade clay
  • markers or watercolor tray
  • toothpick
  • magnetic tape or dots

1. Make a roll of clay and squash it into a clean bottle cap. I pushed mine in hard enough that it stuck, but if you'd like I guess you could add a drop of tacky glue in the cap before adding the clay.
  2. Use a toothpick and draw a face into the clay.
  3. Use a marker to color the final design. Make any special 'additions' (ie: my carrot nose which was just a tiny piece of clay that I lightly colored. I wet it slightly to glue it onto the snowman's face).
  4. Ad

5. Cut a piece of magnetic tape. I found this at a flea market, but I know they sell them in the Dollar Stores as well as craft stores too! It usually will have one sticky side that you can stick to the bottle cap.
  6. Wa-la! A new, personalized refrigerator magnet! Cute and easy!
  7. Ad