Soap for Charlie Horses in Your Legs

I use to wake up at least 4 times a night with 1 to 5 charlie horses in my legs. They were so painful I would be screaming. Then a nurse told me what to do. Buy a brand new bar of soap, it must be white, like Ivory or Dove. Put it at the foot of the bed under your bottom sheet. It will work for 7 nights, then take it out and put a new one in. Sounds strange, but it works.

I quit having leg cramps when I started riding my recumbant bike for 20 minutes a day and stretching my calfs.

So, medically, this makes no sense other than the possibility the leg cramps were happening because the sheets were tangling up your legs and you were getting cramps from that.........or they were too tightly tucked. The bar of soap may have just provided enough space between your legs and the sheets to stop this from happening. You could have the same effect by not tucking your covers.

It may not make sense. It certainly has worked for me. I used to get leg cramps very often and now with the bar of soap Ivory no more cramps.

I've been doing this for years, and I seldom get leg cramps. When I do, standing up makes them go away.

I don't bother to change the soap every week--I've been using the same bar for months now. I try not to forget it when I change the sheets.

I also keep a pair of white socks filled with soap scraps in a basket under my coffee table. When I get foot cramps, I slip them on and the cramp will be gone in a minute or two.

My Dad does this too and swears by it. Doesn't seem logical, but really works for him.

You're body needs potassium. OTC or eat 2 to 3 bananas a day your symptoms should improve.

Woman with a leg cramp.
Remedies for Leg Cramps
Health & Beauty Home RemediesAugust 22, 2016
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
Man on the Street in Charlie Chaplin Costume
Making a Charlie Chaplin Costume
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 11:00:06 AM on 10.0.1.54 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.