Change Diet To Relieve Night Cramps

After much puzzlement, it occured to me that my night cramps happened most often when I have been eating foods like eggs, tomatoes and proteins (meat, dairy, etc.). I went online and looked for a list of acidic foods and found a website that gives a good idea of what foods are acidic and therefore should be eaten less often. It also lists which foods are more alkaline and therefore should be eaten more of.

I hope that others who suffer night cramps will benefit from a change to their diet, it is helping me. Fair warning, night cramps can be so strong they'll break your legs, so do be careful about what you eat. I'm fortunate to have very dense bones, so mine didn't break, but they would have on someone who's bones are porous. Hard lesson learned, for me.

Source: an online search which led me to this website (there are others): http://rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.htm

By Cornelia from OR

This just started happening to me about a month ago. I have cramps during the day. My thigh and calf muscles are so tight I don't know why so I will check out this link.

Leg cramps can be caused by medicines taken for cholesterol.

Lack of proper water intake can also be a cause for cramps. make sure you're drinking lots of water, and have a blood test to make sure your kidneys and liver are functioning properly-but it isn't necessary to follow doctors orders, not all patients need dialysis, though they present it that way.

I looked all over and can't find any information that says cramps can break bones. But, you are right about the good food part. Vinegar in water just before bed helps a lot, as does making sure your water intake is average or above normal.

I haven't found any report of broken bones, either, but my cramps are so strong sometimes they have literally bent my leg bones, they've twisted my feet sideways, they've crawled all the way up my legs to my hips.

Also, for those of us who can't handle vinegar, I've read that a little lemon or lime squeezed into water is equivalent, and works just as well. and I took one dose of calcium/magnesium/zinc yesterday afternoon, forgot my evening dose, ate some things that can bother me, but had no night cramps other than a twinge in my foot after daybreak. so there is relief, much to my relief!

Oddly, I just got notified of my own feedback. Well, the calcium, magnesium and zinc combo is working, and that's with just one dose a day-some day I'll remember the three doses I'm supposed to take. water, proper (heavy on the vegetarian, less acidic (http://rense.co … ons/acidalka.htm)) diet, and the vitamins combined seem to be the best answer. I hope others read this, try it and find relief. I've had some intense pain, and no-one should suffer like that!