Sock Tops for Arm Warmers

It was extra cold today and when I was getting ready to go out I thought how nice it would be to have some arm warmers. There was a gap between my sleeves and my gloves. So I put to use an old pair of socks.

I cut off the toes and pulled them up to cover my wrists and forearms, then put my gloves on but wore them underneath. The slightly elasticated tops of the socks kept the gloves warmly in place. If you are handy with a needle you could hem the cut part to keep them from fraying.

And, by the way, no one would have realized they were made from my brother's old socks!

By Monique from Somerset, U.K.