Soft Foods After Tooth Extraction

I just got all of my upper teeth pulled. I am anemic and need some healthy recipes to keep me healthy until I get my dentures. Any suggestions.

By Rita W.

If you can afford about ten to twelve dollars, get yourself a "food mill". (I bought one for a baby gift at the local department store whose logo is a red circle surrounded by another red circle.) They're intended for making your own baby food; but what it does is grind table food into an even consistency so that it is easy to mouth and swallow. This way, you can eat meats, and not have to worry so much about your iron. If you go to Amazon and search "baby food mill" you can see a photo of it (there are several brands). They look like plastic tubes with a bell shape at each end.

You can use your crock pot to make any cut of meat soft and shreddable. I cook lean beef round (I slice it, if it is a roast) in mine for a good eight to ten hours, and then let it cool. I rub the cooled meat between my fingers to shred it well, then mix it back in with the juice it generated as it cooked.

If you cook ground beef in a regular pan, then add some water, and gently simmer it for a good half hour or more, it will get nice and soft. You could make a little gravy with the meat (add beef broth if you need more liquid) and serve over mashed potatoes.

Hopefully you will heal quickly!

After the pain is gone, you should be able to eat almost anything, until you get your dentures. I ate baby food, mashed potatoes, soup, until the pain was gone. After that I managed to eat regular meals, no steak, or things like that, but other foods worked good. To this day I can eat popcorn better with my uppers and lowers, than with them.

Hamburger soup--ground beef, potatoes diced small and some onion all cooked in tomato juice. I remember my mother fixing that for my father years and years ago. He could just about drink it.

Let me suggest plenty of avocados and a vitamin B12 supplement. The avocado has a great deal of iron in it! Blessings,

You may be able to eat cooked spinach for iron. Other than that, when my husband had all of his uppers removed he ate pudding, yogurt, scrambled eggs, orzo over cooked in chicken broth and mashed potatoes. Luckily mouth wounds heal very quickly so it shouldn't be long before you can start eating more variety.

My husband just had throat cancer and couldn't eat anything but eggs and his doctors put him on Boost Plus. When I had my teeth all pulled I cooked everything I wanted and processed it to almost liquid and it tasted good because I cooked it just like I always do the processed it. Never lost a pound; raisins, are a great source of iron and building anemic blood back, put them in milk vanilla sugar and blend, and drink. Do use the boost Walmart brand choc. we like best the others seemed chalkey. I add extra cocoa to mine because I have it and even if I don't it tastes good. Very cold is the only way to drink it.

Just use your blender to puree any foods that you like and normally eat. You can also make smoothies or juice blends, and add anything that you care to. Be careful not to use a straw to drink them though, or you may end up with a dry socket, which can be extremely painful. If you add ice to the drinks, it will feel really good on your healing gums.

Woman Having Tooth Pulled
Eating After Having Teeth Pulled
Health & Beauty AdviceJune 17, 2011
Man with a sore mouth.
Caring for Your Gums After a Tooth Extraction
Girl Holding her Lost Tooth
Tooth Fairy Ideas
young girl dressed as tooth fairy
Making a Tooth Fairy Costume
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg