Sore Muscle Remedies

When you have overdone your exercise or just have tired muscles, there are ways to get some relief. This guide contains sore muscle remedies.

May 16, 2011 Flag

Safe, all natural bath soak is easy to make and relaxes your tired sore muscles. Take 2 cups of Epsom salts and 2 cups of baking soda, mix together well and add 5-10 drops of your favorite essential oil or a combination of oils. This is optional but luxurious.

I like eucalyptus and lavender oil, 5 drops of each. This makes a nice muscle soak. Equal drops of rose oil and bergamot makes another nice soak. There is no end to the combinations you can make.

Epsom salts are magnesium sulfate and relax muscles naturally. Add one cup of your bath mixture salts to water, no hotter than 100 degrees F and soak for 20 minutes, one hour before bed.

If essential oils are outside of your budget, squeeze or add lemon juice, limes, or oranges or the zest of these fruits. Zest is simply the thin scrapings of the rind. Chop a teaspoon of the zest really fine and add to your salts. You can add cinnamon and vanilla extract for an aromatherapy experience to die for, or drop a tea bag-green tea or fruit flavor directly into the bath water along with the salts.

By SAT from Silver Spring, MD

Hi. Thanks especially for the suggestion of lemons, cinnamon etc. I don't have essential oils but always have those other ingredients in the house and it did not occur to me to use those!

(submitted via email)

One cup of epsom salt in your bath water will draw out the soreness.

God Bless

September 10, 2009 Flag

Best muscle rub I ever used! I have had chronic pain due to 2 car wrecks, and now arthritis. I decided yesterday to mix several: equal amounts of IcyHot, Aspercream, and BluGoo. Either mix the amount you will use right away, or mix enough in an old pill bottle for use later. It works great!

Source: My own desperate needs!

By fatboyslimsmom from Many, LA

That icy hot alone will set you on fire.

Try, 3 times per day, 2 pills of Nordic Natural brand fish oil. Get the highest omega 3 possible (around here it is Ultimate Omega, but their internet site may list others). It's expensive, but worth it. Modern technology can't separate out the omega 3, 6, and 9's from each other, so if you are buying a bottle of the 3's, you are also getting 6's and 9's. This company is supposed to have the best technology for minimizing the 6's and 9's. The 9's cause inflammation, the 3's minimize it. I was faithfully taking Sam's Club omega 3 pills and it wasn't helping one whit. My diet class instructor explained the 3's information. Once I switched, the Nordic Naturals 3's made a big difference. They don't take away the pain enough, but they make life a little easier.

March 24, 2006 Flag

When you do something physical that will likely cause muscle stiffness mix 1 packet of knox gelatin in a small amount of water or orange juice. Drink it quickly before it thickens. This will prevent a great deal of discomfort from stiff, sore muscles.

January 9, 2005 Flag

For sore, tired muscles I have found that one of the best ways to get relief is to simply sit in a bathtub full of water that is as hot as I can stand. I sometimes will add a little bubble bath or bath salts to add some extra relaxation.

By Robin

What do you do for tired muscles?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Make my hubby gimme a massage! LOL

We have found that our hot tub works well for tired aching muscles. It soothes my DH's pre arthritic pain in his hips and knees too. When we have been outside in the cold, shoveling snow or whatever, the hot tub is wonderful!!!!

My daughter used to love the bathtub filled with hot water and, of course, she had to read a book, it's the hot tub and a book.

Don't you just love our English language..."SIT in a as I can STAND." :)

Using Epson salts for bath salts helps sore muscles. Adding lavender oil to the salts makes a real relaxing bath.

I use epson salts in the bath, it draws the lactic acid build up in the muscles. Lactic acid is what causes the pain.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesApril 15, 2013
A doctor examining a child with a sore throat.
Sore Throat Remedies
A girl sticking out her tongue.
Remedies for a Sore Tongue
Man With Sore Tonsils
Home Remedies for Sore Tonsils
A clown dressed in red balancing cups on their head.
Making a Circus Performers Costume