Sore Throat Remedies

I have a sore throat; does anyone have any remedies? It's really sore when I swallow please. Please help.

By lulu xx from a place

Answers:

Sore Throat Remedies

I would suggest taking a painkiller containing ibuprofen! Their anti inflammatory effect will help your throat, I promise.
Take as many as the package says; usually 400 mg 3 times daily. This is so that you will be able to swallow anything.

Next: drink warm drinks, like honey water. Honey is also an antiseptic which can help your throat too.

I think I also read on these boards to gargle with Listerine, since it is antiseptic. It doesn't hurt to try I guess!

You seldom need antibiotics, since only 50% of throat infections are caused by bacteria, the rest are caused by viruses on which antibiotics wil NOT help. If you are not feeling better within a week; THEN go see the doctor! (01/20/2010)

By haushinka

Sore Throat Remedies

Yes, I got just the thing. Make up a solution of 10% apple cider vinegar and water. Put it in a dropper bottle or something with a dropper. Then start out putting 3 drops on the very back of your tongue and swallow a number of times. When you can't taste it anymore, do it again. You can do this every time it hurts and don't drink anything for a bit, cause you want the vinegar to get way down there.

Then you can tip your head back and put one drop in each nostril, DO NOT sniff. Pinch and rub nose to spread the solution. Let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then sniff very gently and slowly. You will taste it as it goes down the back of your throat. This is from candida. It colonizes in the sinus', then drips down ur throat and colonizes there. After a bit, you have a cold or sinus infection. The vinegar kills the candida. As time goes on, you can increase the amount of vinegar till it's maybe 50%. The 10% is made by taking maybe 1 tsp. of vinegar and 9 tsp. of filtered water, don't use tap water. Done this for a while now, it works. (01/21/2010)

By c t

Sore Throat Remedies

After trying lozenges and pain killers, the best thing I've foundd is gargling with salt and warm water - a teaspoon of salt to a glass of water. It's old-fashioned, but it works and you can do it several times a day. (01/21/2010)

By Lady Bee

Sore Throat Remedies

If the sore throat is from drainage from a stuffy nose, you might want to not only gargle the salt water, but also rinse your nose out with it. The solution should also have some baking soda added. It kills germs, reduces swelling, and rinses out the junk. Someone suggested here on TF recently using a pull-up top water bottle as a cheap "neti pot" for rinsing the nose.

A quick web search will show many sites with the recipe -- here's one: http://www.westom.com/coolsite/nose_buffered_hypertonic_saline_solution.htm (01/22/2010)

By Contester

Sore Throat Remedies

Hi I use plain white vinegar to gargle with. Don't swallow it. Best to you (01/22/2010)

By flower51