Split Pea Soup

How can I get my pea soup smooth, without having to put it in the blender?

By Lynda (crabby) from Kearny, NJ

Answers:

Split Pea Soup

You can use an immersion (stick) blender and blend it right in the soup pot. Without processing, split pea soup will not be smooth. It still tastes good without blending, but the soup then has a rustic texture. (09/17/2009)

By OliveOyl

Split Pea Soup

I actually prefer it a little on the chunky side rather than smooth. I have noticed it gets less chunky if you simmer it longer. I have never made it in the crockpot so I don't know how that works out. Wonder if a potato masher would work to make it smoother for you? An immersion stick blender as stated previously is really great for soups if you have one. (09/17/2009)

By Kaelle

Split Pea Soup

Just cook it longer. I simmer mine for about 2-1/2hrs. It always comes out smooth. Make sure you stir and scrape the bottom when doing it about every 45min or so. It's not necessary, but it does seem to get really thick on the bottom. (09/17/2009)

By c t

Split Pea Soup

Handy Dandy old fashioned potato masher. (09/18/2009)

By TandT Grandma

Split Pea Soup

I am definitely bookmarking this page. I've already had dinner, but this page is making me hungry :-)

I have a question, though. Is split pea soup "supposed" to be really smooth? Or is it supposed to be a bit on the lumpy side? I know it is a matter of preference with a lot of people, but what might be considered normal? Thank you! (10/01/2009)

By sandra_grenoux

Split Pea Soup in White Bowl
Split Pea Soup Recipes
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Split Tree
Saving a Split Tree
murky pond water
Keeping Pond Water Clear
finished flower
Sweet Pea Crocheted Flower
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 28, 2016 at 8:11:42 PM on 10.0.0.75 in -65534033 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.