Pressure Cooker Pea Soup
Make split pea soup in a flash with a handy pressure cooker. This guide is about making pressure cooker pea soup
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Soup in 45 minutes with no standing over the stove watching!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 9 cups
Source: Budget Bytes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 carrots, cut in thin rounds
- 3 ribs celery, cut in small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb split peas
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups water or broth
- Rinse the peas in a colander.
- Put all ingredients in the pressure cooker. Add one bay leaf on the top.
- Set the cooker for 15 minutes of cooking.
- Let the cooker release on its own. This will take about 15 minutes.
- Stir the soup and taste. Adjust seasonings if necessary. You may blend, if you wish.
- Serve and enjoy.