Pressure Cooker Pea Soup
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
Soup in 45 minutes with no standing over the stove watching!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 9 cups
Source: Budget Bytes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 carrots, cut in thin rounds
- 3 ribs celery, cut in small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb split peas
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups water or broth
- Rinse the peas in a colander.
- Put all ingredients in the pressure cooker. Add one bay leaf on the top.
- Set the cooker for 15 minutes of cooking.
- Let the cooker release on its own. This will take about 15 minutes.
- Stir the soup and taste. Adjust seasonings if necessary. You may blend, if you wish.
- Serve and enjoy.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.