Leftover Corned Beef Split Pea Soup
Make a delicious split pea soup with leftover beef and broth from St. Patrick's Day. This page contains a recipe for leftover corned beef split pea soup
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
From the corned beef dinner on Saint Patrick's Day, I froze 3 baggies of sliced meat. I also had two containers of the water I boiled everything in, thinking it would make great soup stock.
Well, it did! I made the other day, a green split pea soup from using the stock and cutting up small cubes of corned beef. It came out so delicious and so different. A better flavor!
- 6 qt soup stock & water or chicken broth
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, minced
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 lb green split peas
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- seasonings to taste, Old Bay Seasoning, black pepper, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, bay leaf, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, & salt
- meat as you like. I used the thawed corned beef leftovers, cubed up
- Using a large soup pot, add the thawed soup stock. Add enough water or chicken broth to make 6 quarts.
- Add all minced vegetables and split peas. Bring to a rapid boil, and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add all your spices and meat.
- Let this simmer for about 3-4 hours, stirring quite often.
- Do a test taste after the first hour, make adjustments to spices if needed.
- This will be a nice thick and meaty Green Split Pea Soup!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.