Pressure Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe
Using a pressure cooker for corned beef and cabbage makes this St. Patrick's day favorite in record time with well melded flavors.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I made this for St. Paddy's Day since the sales were fabulous, but you can make this any time of year. From what I've read, leftovers freeze very well. I don't think I'm going to have any leftovers to freeze:)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 95 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 50 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Instant Pot Facebook Group
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 cups water
- 2 1/2 - 3 lb corned beef brisket, with spice packet
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 2 lb red potatoes, cut in small wedges
- 1 head green cabbage, cut in wedges
- (Optional) Rinse the beef if you are concerned it will be too salty.
- Put 4 cups of water and a trivet into the cooker.
- Add the beef, fat side up. Sprinkle the contents of spice packet over beef, and top with the 4 cloves of garlic.
- Pressure cook on high for 90 minutes, and quick release.
- While beef is cooking, cut the vegetables.
- Remove the beef and set on a platter. Cover with foil and let it rest.
- Remove the trivet from the cooker but leave the liquid in. Add the potatoes, carrots and cabbage. Cook on high pressure 5-6 minutes and do a quick release.
- Serve and enjoy.