Pressure Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipes

Using a pressure cooker for corned beef and cabbage makes this St. Patrick's day favorite in record time with well melded flavors.

I make corned beef and veggies every March in honour of my late grandfather. He was born on St. Patrick's day and absolutely adored corned beef. Now, this is first time I've tried making it all in my Instant Pot. I'm so happy I did because it was so incredibly delicious and super tender. This is by far my favourite method for making this dish.

I used a 6-quart Instant Pot for this recipe.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 1 hour 35 minutes plus Instant Pot heat-up time

Yield: 6 servings

• 1 2- lb corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
  • 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
  • 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 head cabbage, cored and quartered
  • 4 red potatoes, halved
  • 3 carrots, cut in large chunks

1. Place onions at the bottom of the pot.
  2. Lay brisket on top of onions, then pour contents of seasoning packet on top.
  3. Pour in broth and lock the lid on.
  4. Make sure the steam release is set to steaming position. Set to pressure cook on high for 90 minutes.
  5. Remove corned beef and onions from pot. Leave the liquid inside pot. Keep corned beef and onions covered for warmth.
  6. Add remaining vegetables to the pot, then lock the lid on. Set to pressure cook on high for 5 minutes. Serve with corned beef and onions immediately.

I made this for St. Paddy's Day since the sales were fabulous, but you can make this any time of year. From what I've read, leftovers freeze very well.

I don't think I'm going to have any leftovers to freeze:)

A plate of corned beef and cabbage.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
In These Pages
Food and Recipes Recipes Holidays St. Patrick's DayJune 30, 2019
🍂
🎄