Sprinkle Salt On Carpets To Kill Fleas

If you have flea problems in your house, the best safe way to get rid of them is to sprinkle salt on the carpets and let sit for a few days. The fleas will eat the salt and die. It will also dry out the eggs. I used it last year and worked great and it's a cheap way to rid the fleas. Make sure to do this a few times and you will kill every flea in the house.

Source: A friend told me of this remedy.

By DAVD from Garden Grove, CA

Sprinkle Salt On Carpets To Kill Fleas

What a great idea as flea killers usually cost quite a bit. I have 15 cats and it is in the middle of flea season. I have treated them but the fleas get into the carpet. Thanks for the tip. (08/12/2008)

By Orlff

Sprinkle Salt on Carpets to Kill Fleas
A cat scratching itself because it has fleas.
Treating a Cat With Fleas
Upclose photo of beige carpet.
Cleaning Carpets Without a Vacuum
A salt dough ornament on a Christmas tree.
Making Salt Dough Ornaments
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding