Squirrel Information and Photos

Category Wildlife
Squirrel hanging onto a tree.
Squirrels and their antics are enjoyed by many. This is a guide about squirrel information and photos.

Squirrel Photos

Share Your PhotoCheck out these Squirrel Photos shared by the ThriftyFun community!.

For the past few months, my parents had been talking non-stop about this squirrel family that frequents their backyard for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Hungry Mama Squirrel

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 32

This is a squirrel that visits my parents house three times a day for feeding. I always tell my friends about how she impatiently knocks on the window and demands food but no one ever believes me, until now!

A squirrel knocking on the window, looking for food.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 14

This little furry friend helped himself to our wedding cake. I know, he was just hungry, and a squirrel has to eat too, right?

Wildlife: Squirrel At Wedding on cake table.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Right place - right time - right equipment, and a super shot if I say so myself! I saw this little chap darting round the tree in a wild woodland near Aviemore in Scotland.

A red squirrel jumping to a tree.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 21

This fat squirrel kept watching me for long periods of time at my parents' house. Even using a very old camera, I was able to get a nice clear shot of it, probably because it was a bit fat and slow to move around. ;)

My Fat Stalker Squirrel

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 15

This photo is of a young squirrel that just left mama's nest. The other photo is the view of that portion of the tree of the sleeping sweetie, I see while just sitting on my patio. This squirrel slept in the crook of that tree trunk and branch for three nights.

A young squirrel in a tree.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

I get a really nice selection of birds to watch. This year I have a baby squirrel that has returned and practically stalks me. He sits on my deck and actually stares at me through my window.

Baby Squirrel sitting on a deck railing.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

This is Squogg the squirrel. "Squogg" you ask? It's because this sweet little squirrel totally acts like a dog. Squirrel. Dog. Squogg! He only gets a name because he's a "regular" around here. He comes around and hangs out, he doesn't scare easy. He likes to rest his little chin on the window pane and chill out.

Squogg the Super Friendly Squirrel - squirrel with chin on window sill

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

I guess our homemade hummingbird nectar is so good, this squirrel wanted some for dessert. It was so funny to watch him latched on, swinging around like it was a tire swing!

Squirrel on hummingbird feeder

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

This little squirrel visits my parents' kitchen window several times every day. My dad is very good about leaving seeds out for all the squirrels and birds to share.

Sneaky Smart Squirrel

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

It is most unusual to see a bird and a squirrel together, but here is a bird and a squirrel sharing seed from the bird house that my husband built.

Bird Sharing Food With Squirrel

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Every time the weather is nice, we always have visitors on the back porch of our home. We have different kinds of birds, raccoons, wild bunnies and squirrels.

Squirrel on our Back Porch

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Tippy the squirrel is enjoying treats in the front garden. She has brought a friend this summer and has a nest of babies in this tree.

Tippy eating treats on a miniature porch swing feeder

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

I was having a yard sale, and this squirrel kept coming right up to my table and boxes of items. It had no fear, and I guess it appointed itself my mascot for the afternoon.

Squirrels

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 51

My daughter, in Chesapeake, VA, took these pictures. The wonders of nature always amaze me.

photo of Mama squirrel

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Here is a squirrel waiting for breakfast! Every morning I put out 6 cups of Chicken Scratch for a wide assortment of birds, chipmunks and squirrels. I really enjoy watching them through my back window as I eat my breakfast.

Squirrel Waiting for Breakfast

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

I managed to catch this adorable squirrel in my backyard the other day! I like how clear the photograph has come out and you can see the details like its whiskers too! I only wished he had stayed longer and not sprinted off so soon.

stripped squirrel

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

This is Ninja a wild roaming pet of our friends on Roan Mountain. He makes himself at home each day by the bird feeder.

Squirrel on bird feeder.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

Here is a darling little furry visitor to the bird feeder area!

squirrel eating an apple

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

If I don't use our stale bread for home-made croutons, I share with our backyard wildlife. And while I'm never too thrilled to see the red squirrels, I couldn't resist snapping a photo of this little bandit. I put the camera up to my binoculars and was able to get lots of great detail. Check out those tiny fingers.

Red Squirrel Snack Time - squirrel eating a piece of bread

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

Looking for an really good treat for your squirrel friends? Plant Sunflowers, they LOVE them!

Squirrels Eating Sunflowers

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Squirrel Photos

Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following Squirrel Photos. Have something to add? Please share your solution!

This page contains pet squirrel photos. Depending on the wildlife laws in your location, squirrels can be interesting pets.

squirrel eating from hand

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Squirrel Photos

Ask a QuestionHere are the Squirrel Photos asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.

Any idea why a squirrel would lick a painted wall?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Here is one of our squirrels eating his snack. When the corn is gone, the squirrels will sit there looking at us through the window chattering and flicking their tails until I bring out another piece.

While on vacation we had a picnic in the park while eating a whole bunch of squirrels came close by well the kids fed them their lunch to them instead of eating it themselves.

This little guy was eating the nuts from the gutter, quite the feast. :)

This pair of rock squirrels were not at all shy of people. I found them on the Riverside Walk in Zion National Park.

On this particular day a squirrel decided to have a time out to enjoy some squirrel delicacy right there by the lady!

Well, it's almost fall and the courtyard squirrels are reinforcing their nests for winter. It was so cute watching the determination of this little guy.

This little guy was on my porch helping himself to my bag of birdseed. When I attempted to scare him off he just stared me down.

Here is my little garden menace he likes sunflower seeds pumpkins seeds. Actually he'll try just about anything I plant. I have to watch him because he watches me.

Welcoming Spring in East Tennessee. I captured this photo of a hungry squirrel that decided to join us for a mid morning snack on our last fishing trip.

Here is a picture of a squirrel on our bird feeder, outside our den window.

We went on a trip and as we stopped and had something to eat and we heard something jump into the trash can.

It's finally Spring and my Balcony Buddy is back after a long Winter away to visit and receive favorite food treats.

These squirrels have just made themselves at home. They like to eat and chase each other up the tree.