Staffordshire Terrier Mix Photos

Category Dogs
These mixed breed dogs are strong, and very people oriented. It will thrive when made part of a family. This is a guide about Staffordshire Terrier mix photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Your Pet's Age
2 1/2 years old

Your Pet's Breed
After many ideas from friends, we decided to to a DNA. It came back with half Shetland Sheepdog (Sheltie) and half Staffordshire Terrier.

How and when did you get your pet?
We found our sweet bundle of joy at a shelter in December of 2014.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
He loves to play, go for walks, and be held. He's about 34 pounds, but continues to be a lovable lap dog.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
He is lovable and eager to please, probably the smartest dog we have ever had.

Comment Like this photo? 4

Your Pet's Age
3 years old

Your Pet's Breed
Staffordshire/Basset Hound Mix

How and when did you get your pet?
Hardy was on the last day at a high killer shelter in Alabama. With help from great people who helped us with tranport, we were able to bring him into our rescue. He was being held on "protective custody" and we are sure he had been used as a bait dog for fighters. He was emaciated, heart worm positive, and had a severely clubed foot. Yet, he had the most amazing ways of saying thank you and his gift is that he holds no grudges.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Hardy loves de-fluffing stuffed animals, he lives for his rawhides, and likes to play "chase". Because of his past, he is still afraid of thunder (likely because he was left outside all the time with no shelter) and it takes him about 10 minutes to realize new people aren't going to harm him. Then he's their best pal! He loves children and other dogs that don't bully him. He's meek and humble with the sweetest attitude.

Hardy is alive because rescue works. Shelter animals are not "broken," they are just the result of negligent owners that failed to see their value as a living being. Please open your heart to rescue animals and save a life!

Comment Like this photo? 4

Rescues Are The Greatest! Thank you for the story about Hardy,prescious!

We rescued a breeders poodle.He was so matted,that we had to shave him completely! Upon taking it to the vet,we learned that he was heartworm positive! The vet gave him about 2 months to live.That was heartbreaking news!

We did not give up on him or him on us! We had him for almost 2 years.The joy and love that he added to our family would take pages to write about.We finally had to have him put down,but we know that he had a few years of happiness in his life on this earth and that he is waiting on us at "The Rainbow Bridge"!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Bebe is a 10 and a half year old Amstaff mix. A friend's son went to the dumpster to empty his trash and heard a puppy crying inside the dumpster. He climbed in and brought out this tiny puppy of approximately 4-5 weeks old. She had her ears still stuck to the sides of her head and her eyes were that puppy blue color. I had lost a dog who looked exactly like her in that beautiful brindle color 3 weeks previously, so they thought that I should have this puppy and brought her to me.

Bebe like to play ball, Frisbee, ride in the car and go for her walk. She loves to have her butt and chest rubbed and will beg/talk to you and turn her body around for that butt rub.

She isn't very friendly at first, she will continue to bark at who ever comes in the house until they sit down. The she will slowly inspect them until she is decides it is alright to let them touch her.

By Marilyn from North Bend, OR

Bebe the Dog Laying on Bed

Comment Like this photo? 8

What interesting coloring! It reminds me of tortois shell cats! Thank goodness the boy rescued her from that dumpster & brought her to the right person! Every precious life saved is a wonderful thing. Bebe sounds like a terrific dog. May you enjoy many more years with her.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

tan dog with a child

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Busa (said "booser" named after the Hayabusa motorbike) is a 20 months old Staff Boxer cross. I got him one week before Christmas 2008. My son turned up at 11pm, told me to shut my eyes and open my hand for my present, then dropped Busa into my hands.

brindle dog

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Bebe is 8 years old. She is a American Staffordshire Terrier Mix (Amstaff). Bebe was found in a dumpster by my friend's son when she was approx 4-5 weeks old.

light brown Staff

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

I got him from an old friend when he was 7 weeks old. He likes to run and go for walks, play fetch and tag. This is all when his not sleeping.

lying on grass looking up at camera

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

I got Theo on September 12th, 2014 from our local animal shelter. He came right to me there so I knew he was the one!

brindle dog

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Lady is 4 months old. She is Staffy x. If anyone can tell me with what, it would be appreciated. I got her 2 months ago. She loves to run.