Bucky (Shetland Sheepdog/Staffordshire Terrier)

Your Pet's Age
2 1/2 years old

Your Pet's Breed
After many ideas from friends, we decided to to a DNA. It came back with half Shetland Sheepdog (Sheltie) and half Staffordshire Terrier.

How and when did you get your pet?
We found our sweet bundle of joy at a shelter in December of 2014.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
He loves to play, go for walks, and be held. He's about 34 pounds, but continues to be a lovable lap dog.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
He is lovable and eager to please, probably the smartest dog we have ever had.

Wow! Not a hint of Staffordshire T. in his looks! Thank you for sharing your refreshing story of Bucky on this forum!

He's a pretty boy and a sweetheart and I'll bet SUPER smart! You can tell by his focused alertness in his picture!

Reply Like this photo? 1

I have to say our little fox looking dog is the smartest dog we ever had. Right away he learned to ring a bell to go outside, learned to wait (stay), and won't go outside until we tell him to. The only thing we haven't been able to stop is his barking, and he barks really loud, it's a little embarrassing when we go for a walk, he barks at other dogs, and its so loud...

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I am surprised at that DNA too. Looks are deceiving. It just goes to show, if you want to know what your pet is mixed with, go for the DNA test.

I bet he got the best attributes of each breed too. He is a lucky boy and handsome to boot.

Reply Like this photo? 1

When he was a pup I was sure that golden was in him, but this came up 5 breeds down... When we put his picture up next to a Sheltie you can tell he is part... As for the ST, I could tell when we first got him, just by looking at his eyes... Agree, he is quite handsome and everyone agrees:)

Reply Like this photo? Yes