Stale Bread for "Waffles"

Use up odds and ends of any kind of bread by mixing eggs, milk, vanilla, or other flavor (however you like your french toast) and then add all your bits and pieces of bread to the egg mixture. If it all falls apart, that's ok, because you will scoop it up and cook it in your waffle iron that's been heated and sprayed with a no-stick cooking spray. You'll have the easiest and best tasting waffles ever.

Source: I found a huge pack of hamburger buns that were really stale and I didn't want to throw them away. They provided us breakfast, lunch, or dinner for about a week!

By Linda from Adrian, MI

That sounds like an excellent idea!

Do you have some sort of measurements of ingredients, as I would like to try this. Thanks!

I think this is a fantastic idea! But I would also like to have a better idea on the measurement of ingredients, or description of what it looks like before you cook it. Example, does it look like a thick mush,damp bread,or more liquid? Seems to me it would have to be a really thick mush consistency to cook on a waffle iron without making a mess. I'd love to make this for my family,it would be a great way to get rid of hamburger/hot dog buns!

Stale Bread - Don't Forget the Birds!

I had a few slices shy of a whole loaf of 7-grain bread that was very stale, but not molded. I felt guilty throwing it out, so I broke the slices into very small pieces. I had a jar of peanut butter, that I wasn't going to use as I am not a peanut butter fan, so I mixed the pb into the bread pieces.

As luck would have it, I had almost a full jar of honey that I bought from a local beekeeper, but was not fond of the taste. I microwaved it until a pourable liquid and drizzled the honey over the well-mixed pb bread. For the next part, I suggest remove all rings - I didn't and was very sorry afterward! I dug in by hand and thoroughly incorporated the honey into the bread/peanut butter.

Even though it was late afternoon and getting dark, I immediately took the mixture out and spread in small clumps - golf ball size - on the ground near the birdfeeders. Do not put in the birdfeeders! I laid out at least 4 pounds. This morning I looked to see if the birds went for it. I am still in shock - I can see only a few small specks left on the ground. It is completely gone! I am definitely going to mix up another batch.

Buy the very cheapest peanut butter and combine it with stale bread will feed our bird friends and keep them and yourself happy through the winter. Even without honey, I'm sure the birds will go wild over it. Don't forget to keep your birdfeeders full with seeds at all times too!

Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
Food and Recipes Food Tips BreakfastJune 13, 2011
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Mashed Potato Waffles
Mashed Potato Waffles
Stale Bread
Freshening Stale Bread
Waffles About to be Frozen
Freezing Waffles